“Crabcakes good but have changed since the last time”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Crabcakes are the only entrée I would recommend for this restaurant. You don't go for the various other options on the menu unless you don't like crabcakes. We have been to G&M many times but recently.We found after being away for a while, that these crabcakes were just as big and tasty as before but had a little more visible filler than we remember. The prices are still very reasonable and perhaps this was the tradeoff to keep the prices. We both got crabcake platters which came with 2 sides. This was also a change from before were you automatically got a salad plus a choice of 2 sides,. The complimentary table rolls are uneventful and not worth the calories.

We also order the crab soup for the first time. 1 cream of crab and 1 Maryland crab. Both were excellent. I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

As always on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was very busy, We did the call ahead option and got our names on the waiting list while in route. We waited longer to get to the desk to check-in that to actually get our seats. The restaurant needs to improve the checkin process to reduce the amount of wait time just to get on the waiting list. I saw many people turn away after walking in to see the long line of folks trying to check in. The actual wait was about 40 minutes for those just arriving around 7, No reservations are accepted unless a large party.

Once we sat down, we notices several open tables, so the restaurant has the capacity to seat everyone, but maybe not efficiently.

I got the cannoli for dessert which was very good and homemade.

Overall a good experience and would go back again.

1  Thank YearlyVacationer1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Tried this place for the first time last week on a recommendation from a friend. We were picking up family at BWI and this place is only about 10 minutes away from the airport. The place was packed and they said an hour. We decided to wait and sit at the bar for drink. They use your cell to text you about your table and after 15 minutes ours was ready. The service was good although they were very busy so getting another drink after ordered took some time. The food was pretty good and the crab cakes were definitely chalk full of crab. I would like to have been able to get a seafood plate fried rather than broiled but I am from New England. I can only assume crab cakes on a seafood platter go better with broiled. The scallops were a little underdone for being broiled since there was no broiling to them. The shrimp also a little undercooked no broiling involved it appeared to me.This place seems to be a well known establishment with the locals who come here on a regular basis. Overall not bad but I would probably try other places if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Not so keen on their crabcakes they prize so much. But the rest of the seafood is great. And if you don't mind doctored uip crabcakes, they are large. The fast food shop is great for late night snakes. This is a popular place, always full parking lot.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Eat dinner here a couple of days ago...
Not my first visit and certainly not my last... If you like crab cakes, look no further! Order the 2 crab cake dinner and try to finish them. Come hungry!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2016

I arrived just before they got busy...What a place this was!! Seated right away, server arrived promptly to take drink order and specials. The place was getting packed so I figured it was going to be an excellent meal...and it was!

I ordered the Oyster appetizer which was a spin on Oyster Rockefeller and they were great! There were 6 in the order and I thought about ordering another...

For dinner, it had to be the famous crabcake; and it was as advertised! Quite possibly the best crabcake I've ever had!! 1/2 pound of crab, with little to no filler.

Since I was sitting across from the desert cooler, had to try one...Baklava Cheesecake and it was so good...should be illegal!

I will definitely be back the next time I'm in the area!!

1  Thank Mike P