All reviews key access hard boiled eggs would stay here again coffee maker storage pics
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very rude Front Desk Agents! I was checked in by an older lady in the afternoon who was professional, but unfriendly. No smile--I had to introduce myself and say "Good Afternoon, I'm checking in!" Then she told me to "Hold on, I'll be right with you..." The Lobby was empty and the phone wasn't ringing; there was one other car in the parking lot. She finally gave me the worst room, RM 101, not knowing that I was once a Front Desk Manager and the 101s, 201s etc.. are always the undesirables.
Upon checkout (they want you out early: 11am!) I called to ask for a later one. The surly agent on the phone said, "The latest I can give you is 11:30...um 12:00 at the very latest."
When I checked out I was once again faced with dead silence. But this time the young lady looked angry and was not happy to see me. I said, "I'm checking out of Rm 101." I tried to make conversation by asking her if they were full that night (because if they are as slow as the day before, there is no reason why I couldn't get a later checkout). I've NEVER heard of an 11am checkout time in any hotel! I came here to look at the Vacation Houses for a family vacation next month. I'm so glad that I will be in the Village Condo behind this crappy hotel when I come back to Deep Creek Lake. This hotel should be bought quickly by Hilton or Marriott to fix the problem.

Room tip: Rent a Vacation House from Long and Foster! It's worth spending a little more than dealing with these witches.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Allan T
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the Deep Creek Lake Comfort Inn for one evening while taking a quick trip to the DCL area with the kids to check out the area. There are very few hotels in DCL, with pretty much just the Comfort Inn and the Wisp Resort as the only choices, other than the large number of rental vacation homes. The lobby area is pretty nice, and in good shape. There's not a lot of seating in the breakfast area. One thing that surprised me is that this hotel apparently does NOT have any elevators. Maybe we missed them, but they were not to be found anywhere that we looked. We didn't have a lot of luggage, but for folks who stay for several days could have issues with lugging suitcases up and down the stairs. The room that we stayed in was, I believe, the only "suite" with a separate bedroom. It had three queen sized beds in it. The room, while fairly clean, was sorely in need of updating. The knob to the separate bedroom was broked - no latch. The cover to the lighting fixture in the bathroom was askew and needed to be replaced. The knob to the bathroom was loose and falling off. The hotel does not have speed checkout through the television. The breakfast was perfectly fine, and in line with what I've come to expect from complimentary breakfasts for a hotel of this caliber, i.e., mostly continental items with one or two hot items (in this case, sausage patties and eggs). My expectations were modest, and this hotel met those expectations. It's a clean hotel that needs some renovation, which will hopefully come when this hotel switches over to a Quality Inn (also owned by Choice Hotels) in August 2012.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TravellerMD68
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We reserve a hotel room at Deep Creek 2-3 times per year. Typically we stay at another hotel close to this one. We have previously steered clear of this place due to the low ratings on this site but due to the fact our typical place would not allow a 1 night reservation over president's day weekend, frustrated, we decided to try the Comfort Inn. I can say that we were pleasantly surprised. My demands for a hotel are that they have the basic amenities and be CLEAN! Our room (double queen, non-smoking) was clean and nice and spacious. Maybe we got lucky, but I cannot understand the negative reviews. The stay includes a hot breakfast. It was okay. Waffle maker, sausage patty and eggs for a breakfast sandwich, a couple choices for pastries, cereal, coffee (available all day) and juice. The only thing that was lacking was a refrigerator in our room and microwave. There was one of each available in the lobby however, there was definitely room available for it in the room. Considering what we saved with rate and the free breakfast I think we have found our new hotel in Deep Creek.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FunInTheSun246
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We spent the night in Deep Creek Lake when traveling from West Virginia to Delaware. There are not many hotels in the area, mostly rental homes, therefore choices are limited. We checked in around 9pm with a not so friendly front desk person (not rude, just apathetic). I requested a room with a jacuzzi tub (which turned out to be a jetted tub), however there was soap scum throughout the tub and was too gross to sit in which was very unfortunate since I paid more for that room. There was also mildew in the window. They do offer a continental breakfast but the "make your own waffles" tasted like the flour was rancid. We paid $120 something for the night which was tremendously overpriced for the lodging offered. In comparison, we paid $69 the following night at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Gettysburg, PA and were greeted by 2 very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room was large and clean and we were very pleased with our stay.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jfr4570
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The room was extremely moist...towel on floor when stepped on became WET! they had no other rooms... bathroom, though looked clean, smelled like urine.

Date of stay: August 2011