“High Priced Pub Food with Bad Service”
Review of Gina's Cantina

Gina's Cantina
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Millersville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Met some friends for happy hour. I wanted to try this place as I had never been and had heard good things about it. Everything I had heard was wrong! First they don't do separate checks. It can really bring out the worse in people when your trying to split a check. Next they add an 18% tip for 5 or more people. I don't like that in any restaurant, but this is just a pub, not some high class place. So as it turned out our server got the raw end of the deal because no one would give a penny more than the added 18%. If the 7 of us had been allowed to pay separate she would have gotten 20% from each of us.
I ordered the two taco special and it was bland and tasteless. It came with beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Sour cream, guacamole, or salsa is an extra charge. I did get the sour cream as the other toppings have cilantro in them and I don't like it. They also do not have Italian salad dressing, which I find strange. They have other dressing but not Italian?
The entrance into the place has steps but no handrails or anything else to help you if your unsteady on your feet for any reason. I felt that made it feel unsafe, especially as I have an ear infection and can feel a little dizzy at times.
The staff was inattentive and really had no reason to care if we were taken care of or not. They weren't rude, just didn't have to work for their tip, and they didn't!
Overall my opinion is find a different place to go. The food is bland and way over priced, and the employee's don't really care if your there or not they still get their tip!

There are newer reviews for Gina's Cantina

Reviewed 28 November 2016

You almost have to know it is there to find it, and that makes it nice. Friendly crowd at dinner time, nice out back area, but the main road is right behind the wall. Food is always good and they make it just the way you want it.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

We Sent two weeks in the east coast Oct 2016, Millersville Md we stayed at capitol KOA RV PARK , in Millersville . On the night before we left MD, our grandson said" I want an experience so we told him to find a restaurant He chose Ginas Cantina, it was not far from the RV Park , We sat at a picnic table inside, it was interesting the experience I believe our grandson wanted . We had a nice meal family members had fun trying a Variety of hot sauces. We wished we had this restaurant in our home town . We will visit again if and when we go back. Our server was friendly good night ,good visit

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I was excited to find this place. Cute little place decorated nicely. Some would say a whole in the wall, but I thought it had character. It was HH. There were specials on some food, so we thought we'd go for it. 2 for $3 tacos....yep, you get what you paid for. I actually ordered the 3 tacos off of the regular menu and there was very little meat. The wine was $6.40 and beer was $4. Not really HH prices. There are better HH at the Chop House with real food. I will say that the servers were very nice. Don't think I'll be going back

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Decided on a Saturday evening to give Gina's a try. Based on recommendations from friends. At almost 7pm we didn't know if we would get a table, but we did. Service was excellent. The sangria was not to my liking. Something weird, a little too much cinnamon or something. No problem though, server exchanged it for a very good Chardonnay. My husband ordered the margarita as he was told they have some of the best anywhere. He thought it was average. But the food was a different story. I ordered the fish (tilapia) tacos and my husband ordered the drunken tacos (blackened shrimp) and both were excellent. We would definitely come back for just these tacos. Will also try the guacamole next time. Looked really good. Very casual and inviting place. Give it a try. We will be back!