“Nice surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 February 2017

We stopped in for lunch and were greeted right away and taken to our table. The waitress came right away and took our drink order and then came back within 10 minutes to take our food order. I ordered the Pelican tacos which are actually Tilapia and they were great! The chipotle mayo was delicious. My lunch buddy ordered Tijuana chicken quesadillas which came with rice, salsa and lettuce. It had plenty of filling in the quesadilla and a drizzle of sour cream on top. The total for our food and one iced tea was just over $27. The wait staff were all very friendly and attentive. I'm definitely going back for a Xango; the waitress was nice enough to let me know it would not be as crispy when I got it home since I was forty minutes away from home. She could have let me buy it anyway but provided good customer service instead. My lunch buddy said he will go back too. I definitely had a different experience than some of the other reviewers. I would have given them an excellent but I will say there was a strong odor of bleach when we walked in the door. I still recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Gina's Cantina

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Met some friends for happy hour. I wanted to try this place as I had never been and had heard good things about it. Everything I had heard was wrong! First they don't do separate checks. It can really bring out the worse in people when your trying to split a check. Next they add an 18% tip for 5 or more people. I don't like that in any restaurant, but this is just a pub, not some high class place. So as it turned out our server got the raw end of the deal because no one would give a penny more than the added 18%. If the 7 of us had been allowed to pay separate she would have gotten 20% from each of us.
I ordered the two taco special and it was bland and tasteless. It came with beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Sour cream, guacamole, or salsa is an extra charge. I did get the sour cream as the other toppings have cilantro in them and I don't like it. They also do not have Italian salad dressing, which I find strange. They have other dressing but not Italian?
The entrance into the place has steps but no handrails or anything else to help you if your unsteady on your feet for any reason. I felt that made it feel unsafe, especially as I have an ear infection and can feel a little dizzy at times.
The staff was inattentive and really had no reason to care if we were taken care of or not. They weren't rude, just didn't have to work for their tip, and they didn't!
Overall my opinion is find a different place to go. The food is bland and way over priced, and the employee's don't really care if your there or not they still get their tip!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

You almost have to know it is there to find it, and that makes it nice. Friendly crowd at dinner time, nice out back area, but the main road is right behind the wall. Food is always good and they make it just the way you want it.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

We Sent two weeks in the east coast Oct 2016, Millersville Md we stayed at capitol KOA RV PARK , in Millersville . On the night before we left MD, our grandson said" I want an experience so we told him to find a restaurant He chose Ginas Cantina, it was not far from the RV Park , We sat at a picnic table inside, it was interesting the experience I believe our grandson wanted . We had a nice meal family members had fun trying a Variety of hot sauces. We wished we had this restaurant in our home town . We will visit again if and when we go back. Our server was friendly good night ,good visit

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I was excited to find this place. Cute little place decorated nicely. Some would say a whole in the wall, but I thought it had character. It was HH. There were specials on some food, so we thought we'd go for it. 2 for $3 tacos....yep, you get what you paid for. I actually ordered the 3 tacos off of the regular menu and there was very little meat. The wine was $6.40 and beer was $4. Not really HH prices. There are better HH at the Chop House with real food. I will say that the servers were very nice. Don't think I'll be going back