“Good dinner at the Cantina”
Review of Gina's Cantina

Gina's Cantina
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Millersville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Good food and service! Great flavors! Really nice atmosphere! We had a good time close to home. Great parking an close to major highways!

There are newer reviews for Gina's Cantina

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This a fantastic place! Their drinks are awesome and the happy hour can't be beat. $2.25 drafts and not just domestics. Great tap selection with many local brews. $2.25 for two tacos and other good food. We moved away from Millersville, but will always stop when we visit the area!

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We stopped in for lunch and were greeted right away and taken to our table. The waitress came right away and took our drink order and then came back within 10 minutes to take our food order. I ordered the Pelican tacos which are actually Tilapia and they were great! The chipotle mayo was delicious. My lunch buddy ordered Tijuana chicken quesadillas which came with rice, salsa and lettuce. It had plenty of filling in the quesadilla and a drizzle of sour cream on top. The total for our food and one iced tea was just over $27. The wait staff were all very friendly and attentive. I'm definitely going back for a Xango; the waitress was nice enough to let me know it would not be as crispy when I got it home since I was forty minutes away from home. She could have let me buy it anyway but provided good customer service instead. My lunch buddy said he will go back too. I definitely had a different experience than some of the other reviewers. I would have given them an excellent but I will say there was a strong odor of bleach when we walked in the door. I still recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Met some friends for happy hour. I wanted to try this place as I had never been and had heard good things about it. Everything I had heard was wrong! First they don't do separate checks. It can really bring out the worse in people when your trying to split a check. Next they add an 18% tip for 5 or more people. I don't like that in any restaurant, but this is just a pub, not some high class place. So as it turned out our server got the raw end of the deal because no one would give a penny more than the added 18%. If the 7 of us had been allowed to pay separate she would have gotten 20% from each of us.
I ordered the two taco special and it was bland and tasteless. It came with beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Sour cream, guacamole, or salsa is an extra charge. I did get the sour cream as the other toppings have cilantro in them and I don't like it. They also do not have Italian salad dressing, which I find strange. They have other dressing but not Italian?
The entrance into the place has steps but no handrails or anything else to help you if your unsteady on your feet for any reason. I felt that made it feel unsafe, especially as I have an ear infection and can feel a little dizzy at times.
The staff was inattentive and really had no reason to care if we were taken care of or not. They weren't rude, just didn't have to work for their tip, and they didn't!
Overall my opinion is find a different place to go. The food is bland and way over priced, and the employee's don't really care if your there or not they still get their tip!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

You almost have to know it is there to find it, and that makes it nice. Friendly crowd at dinner time, nice out back area, but the main road is right behind the wall. Food is always good and they make it just the way you want it.