6 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$159
PricelineUS$170
Orbitz.comUS$159
6,004 results
All reviews hour coffee shop epic bar pizza shop pizza place game room parking garage off season ocean view outdoor pool plenty of parking board walk family vacation beds were comfortable spa floor boardwalk balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2022

My friend and I stayed at the Grand Hotel on 04/02. Checking in went smoothly and quickly. We got a good size room with two queen size beds with a ocean view for a reasonable rate. Everything was fine until after we got back from walking on the boardwalk. While sitting on one of the beds for about thirty minutes, I felt something moving between my eyebrows next to the top of my nose so I brushed whatever it was away and paid no more attention the to it. The area where I felt the movement started to irritate me so I touched it to see what was causing the stinging sensation between my eyes, to my surprise the area was sollen. I still didn't take it seriously until later on in the night I felt something moving on my skin again, this time I wanted to see what kept crawling on me so I got up and took all the sheets off the bed and that when we saw the ants. There were ants in the room and bathroom.
When we checked out Sunday morning, we tried telling the receptionist that there were critters in th room and she just pretended she didn't hear what we said and blew us off. I had no intention of giving a review, but when the young lady blew us off and didn't even asked us if we were alrigh I changed my mind and decided to do this review. At this point I was irritable because she gave me the impression she didn't care. We were not informing her of the ants in the room because we wanted something return, we just wanted the hotel to know there was ANTS IN ROOM 1118 ON THE 11 FLOOR.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dave Douglas, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am sorry that my staff came off as giving you the cold shoulder, I have spoke with the desk staff to ensure that we are giving all guests the same attention whether good or bad.

Reviewed 8 April 2022

Hole in the floor in the bathroom. Tub needs the curtain rod that curves out. It was a tight space in the shower. Bubble jet tub was OK. We went out to purchase our our own toilet paper and tissue. Beds and pillows were nice.

Date of stay: March 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review.

We have looked into the curved tub rod however we do not have enough space to install plus the bathroom door will bang against the rod.

Reviewed 6 April 2022 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our four day weekend.
We like the fact that the hotel is located on the boardwalk. We found the facility to be clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were wonderful.
This hotel offers a fantastic view of the ocean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2022

My best friend and I just wanted to get away to rest and reconnect. We certainly did that. Our room was clean and ready at check in. Super quick and very friendly as was everyone we encountered. Gorgeous view of the ocean and we definitely plan to visit your hotel again!

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 4 April 2022

Don't be fooled by the lobby. It was clean and updated which is not the case for their rooms.

The hotel rooms are incredibly outdated. Although they were seemingly well cleaned, there were multiple stains on the carpets and stains on the bedskirts. They just looked gross overall. There was peeling wallpaper, delaminating furniture, rusted and deteriorating balcony railing. In addition, while on balcony I realized (inadvertently while looking down the beach) that I could see into another hotel room due to the curved design of the hotel and lack of privacy walls between balconies.

It does have a nice location being right on the beach. Unless you're getting a killer bargain, spend an extra few dollars to stay somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are sorry that we did not meet you expectations however there is some good news, NEW guest room furniture will be arriving shortly for all guest rooms, you will be very happy once we complete.