3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$278
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Hotels.comUS$278
FindHotelUS$278
Orbitz.comUS$278
All reviews front desk clerk bedroom balcony stove sink sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2020

This was our first stay at the Cayman Suites out of over 200 trips to Ocean City. Pictures and layout on website look wonderful; live viewing was not so wonderful. First, let me say that the staff, Madison and the front desk clerk were extremely attentive once we voiced our issues to them and more than satisfactorily resolved our situation; and if I could rate individual aspects of our trip, my rating would be 5 stars for customer service and their efforts. However, the room had scuff marks all over the walls, the TV was smeared with something I could not identify, party balloons were in the bedroom, kitchen appeared untouched for cleaning and empty alcoholic bottles were on the balcony. I did read the previous reviews and it appears prior to 2020, they were much better; so, what happened in 2020? The pandemic? Not sure about that since the cleanliness of the room was unacceptable even if there was no pandemic. I wish the staff much success but doubtful that we will return to Cayman Suites.

Date of stay: July 2020
Hotel Management, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2020

Lynn, thank you for leaving a review of your stay at the Cayman Suites. We're glad to hear that the customer service provided was of the quality we expect from our staff. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ocean City.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

The front desk messed up from the beginning when we called in to reserve 3 rooms. They messed up and overcharged us for the initial deposit. We had to keep calling back to get it straightened out. Finally it was corrected. They claimed they never received our deposit for the 3 rooms we requested, but finally they did acknowledge receiving it - no apology offered. The rooms had stoves that did not work, springs coming out of the sofa bed mattresses, so much so that our family members couldn't sleep for both nights of their stay. There were very noisy guests that did not respect the rights of others to have a quiet night's sleep, making all kinds of loud noise, laughing and yelling at each other outside on the balconies. There was no policy in place to remind guests not to disturb others after a certain time of the evening. No housekeepers were on duty at any time and we had to contend with sand everywhere; no brooms or vacuum cleaners for us to even remove sand ourselves; unfriendly front desk people and actually not present when they should have been; We begged for one extra hour for check-out because we had at least 16 people with us in 3 different rooms - mostly children who needed more time to prepare for departure - but NO, they would NOT even give us a measly hour! This is what we get for staying somewhere that's not a well-known place for quality. Actually, this is the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in in my life! So anyone reading this, beware - you will not be happy with your stay here. They have much improvements to do. So sorry we chose this place and not a Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton, etc. We learned our lesson!!!

1  Thank DDanie09
Hotel Management, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2020

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay at the Cayman Suites. We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

Reviewed 12 July 2020

If I could give this hotel and experience negative stars, I would. Check in is at 4pm. We tried to check in early, but were told rooms weren’t ready. Ok, it’s a pandemic. I get it. We filled out paperwork so when the room was ready, all we needed were keys. Well, at 4pm I called and was told the room was ready. I then waited in line for 30 minutes because only 1 person was working at the front desk while the line extended outside the lobby into the parking lot. The lobby had no fan or air conditioning, so that was pleasant. Once we got our key, we went to the room. A sign on the table in the room clearly said no smoking but the room stunk, causing sneezing and feeling gross. I called to request a different room. The front desk woman called back and said she had a room with 2 queen beds, a pullout sofa and a double balcony for us. An upgrade? Absolutely! Well, no. It had 1 full bed and a pullout sofa, no separation of rooms and we lost the ocean view. The room was also next to elevator and the door didn’t securely close. Cool. Once the Febreze smell wore off, you can tell someone smoked in this room. I called the front desk to ask for a rollaway bed. I was told if one was available they would send one up. I also asked for a partial refund as this was not the room I booked and I was downgraded because of their mistake. They only offered to come the rollaway bed. Whatever, just let the nightmare end. Came back from dinner, no rollaway bed. I called Expedia, my booking agent. They had the same response. The front desk agent then called and spoke to my sister. She said the rollaway bed never arrived because the gentleman working there didn’t understand English. This really happened. He then brings the rollaway bed and guess what? Speaks English.

Did not sleep a wink because the bed was that uncomfortable, and it was so loud to hear drunk people get off the elevator. Expedia again requested a refund with no luck. Do not stay here. I repeat, do not stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lydia S
Hotel Management, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2020

Lydia, thank you for leaving your honest feedback of your stay at the Cayman Suites. Allow me to apologize on behalf of the property manager and staff of the Cayman Suites. This is not what we expect from any Carousel Group Hotel and to see that such things happened is unacceptable. We will be investigating these issues to see just how they were allowed to happen. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ocean City.

Reviewed 23 June 2020 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for 15 years. I am shocked it the condition of my room. We stayed in room 506. I wish I would have taken pictures! I brought Clorox wipes with me because I was being extra cautious with COVID. I began wiping things like door knobs and light switches, counter tops... my wipes were BLACK! Seriously!! Disgusting!! There were multiple drip marks that had ran the length of the walls, toothpaste in the sink and in the faucet, sand in the floor, hair in the tub, and the headboard... I am sure that has NEVER been cleaned. Needless to say one thing led to another and I pretty much cleaned the whole room. When I told the front desk all I got was an “I am sorry”. I spent good money to stay here for a weekend and had to clean my own room and all I got was a sorry?! Oh, and the hotel doesn’t seem to be doing any extra COVID precautions. The elevator was gross and I am pretty sure it wouldn’t hurt for them to disinfect those buttons once in a while. This hotel has gone way down hill.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank A7287MTjessicac
Hotel Management, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2020

Jessica, thank you for your honest feedback of your stay at the Cayman Suites. This is not what we expect of our hotels and we are deeply sorry to hear that we did not perform to the standards we set for ourselves. These comments will be forward to the property manager so that they can be addressed immediately. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ocean City and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2020

I was in OC staying at another hotel for 4 night. Unfortunately, it rained during most of my trip-- except the last day when I decided to extend my trip and stay at another hotel. This hotel, Cayman Suite, was originally my top choice for my trip, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I am glad I did, otherwise I would have spent 4 nights in this dump. The pics on their website do not reflect the reality. This hotel is run down and dirty. Stains on the walls, smears on the windows, mirrors and pictures, fixtures falling off the walls, walls falling apart, dirty sheets, and filthy carpets. Under normal circumstances, this is bad. In COVID era, it certainly makes you wonder how they have stepped up their cleaning efforts? If this is BETTER, I'd hate to see what it was. Never again.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank Blumagoo
Hotel Management, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Cayman Suites Hotel. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. We hope you can give us another chance to prove we can provide a better service.