2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$277
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Orbitz.comUS$277
CheapTicketsUS$277
TravelocityUS$277
All reviews crab cake factory inn and suites coastal highway carousel hotel beach chairs vaca pets
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2020

If you go to Ocean City DO NOT EVER stay at Carousel Group properties!!! Specifically Coastal Palms. My 8 year old son bumped into the fire extinguisher which didn’t have a cover on it (the cover was on the floor next to it for 2 days at least) the fire extinguisher fell out and landed on top of him. The manager Connor was totally unprofessional and was fighting with us the whole time saying he didn’t even need to have a cover on it and basically it was his own fault. (My 8 year olds fault)
I for sure know if an 8 year old had a fire extinguisher fall on his ribs and couldn’t breathe somewhere where I was I wouldn’t be rude and I would at least ask if he was ok. I was then told they didn’t know how to fill out an incident report and call the cops if I wanted a report of some sort. I was then yelled at to hurry up and get out of our room bc I was taking too long (about 15 mins after this happened) when I told them I was going to leave and go somewhere else.
Carousel Group You really dropped the ball.
Oh and the night before when we got back from dinner there was blood all in the elevator. When we told management they rudely said “yea I know already” and continued to do nothing about it,

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank TaraLynnColucci
Hotel Management, General Manager at Coastal Palms Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2020

With all due respect, after investigating these claims, this review is unfair and contradictory. You only stayed for one night but stated the cover remained "on the floor next to it for 2 days at least." The staff offered to call an ambulance for your child but you declined the offer. Hotel staff also had to stop your child from jumping off the balcony into the pool below. You chose to checkout early, which does not allow extended stay in the room afterwards. The Carousel Group wishes you all the best in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2020

We chose the Coastal Palms because we had to bring our dog, and this hotel allows pets for a reasonable fee. Half block to beach. Our room was directly above their restaurant and on the highway which was very noisy and loud. We could not enjoy the balcony at all. Our children had claimed the beds, and my husband and I were okay with sharing the sofa bed in the living area. When we go to pull the bed out, there isn't one! I had called twice earlier to have sheets brought up for the sofa bed, and they never came. So the staff says that they will give us cots to sleep on. This was upsetting, and I refused. So they found a sofa bed in storage somewhere, and it was comparable to sleeping on a bag of rocks! We ended up sleeping with our children for the whole stay. Not very romantic!
The dog walking area is a dried up piece of grass where the dryer vent blows. The path way to it is also used by housekeeping and maintenance, where there is broken glass left behind when they miss the dumpster. I reached out to two employees letting them know that there was a bunch of broken glass on the path where people walk there dogs, and it was never cleaned up. We had to carry our dog off the hotel property and cross the street where it was safe for her to walk.
This is the summer of Covid, and the hotel promises that the staff is being safe and wearing masks. I might have seen one person following that rule on staff.
The price is super reasonable at this hotel, but you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Kathy S
Hotel Management, General Manager at Coastal Palms Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2020

Kathy, thank you for leaving a review of your stay at the Coastal Palms Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. This is not what we wish to hear from our guests and we will be addressing these issues with the property manager. The lack of face masks worn by employees is unacceptable and this will be promptly rectified. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ocean City.

Reviewed 29 June 2020

I would like to just give a shout out to Mary and Mike at the Coastal Palms Inn and Suites! They had a amazing customer service, and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. We arrived early and the room was not ready, so we went and had lunch and did some shopping. Mike called to let us know our room was available an hour before our check in time so we could come and get settled in. Mary went above and beyond, and made sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend this place to anyone! Great job guys! We return here every summer, and we will be back next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Management, General Manager at Coastal Palms Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Ricky, thank you for leaving a review of your stay at the Coastal Palms! We're so glad to hear that Mary and Mike gave you exemplary customer service. This will be passed along to them. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 June 2020 via mobile

Just wanted to give a HUGE shout out of appreciation to Mary, Mike and the manager of this establishment , they have a great team !

Thank you for being there and aiding to a great mini vacation ! I would highly recommend this place ! You cant beat the price , location and mostly the guest services ! You rock Coastal Palms !

We came during senior week, my daughter is a graduate from college . All was well -however, we got a place next to a family that had a newborn child and another family and It.was just constant challenges , as it relates to being able to celebrate . When approaching mgt trying to resolve the issues - they were willing to listen and resolved the issue. There are a variety of options for housing .

Thank you Coastal Palms Mgt for making us feel valued ! We will return soon .

1  Thank melissabH1751VO
Hotel Management, General Manager at Coastal Palms Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2020

Melissa, thank you for leaving a review of your stay at the Coastal Palms! We're delighted that you had such a good time with us and enjoyed the price, location, and customer service! We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed 2 June 2020

Just stayed here a couple of days ago the stay was so amazing me and my friends had to come back for another stay Mary gave me the best service possible and the best experience .Every staff member in the lobby was awesome and very Friendly Mary you Rock -Trev Singleton

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Trevvvs
Hotel Management, General Manager at Coastal Palms Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2020

Trev, thank you so much for this amazing review of your stay at the Coastal Palms Hotel! We're so glad that you had such a good time with us and we hope to see you again!