“DO NOT GO HERE”
Review of Sea Cove Motel

Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #96 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 23 September 2017

The bed was horrible, pillows were well used, no blankets, TV didn't work right, WIFI didn't work hardly at all, microwave didn't work properly, the whole room was dirty and well used. The floor was coming up and there were stains on the ceiling, furniture was broken, microwave and mirrors were filthy and never cleaned the whole time I was there. Somebody turned the dial to 0 in the refrigerator and all the ice leaked all over the floor. I had to clean it up twice. That is what I discovered the first night of 8. All the people who I came in contact with were foreigners who didn't speak much English and didn't understand what I said. I went down to the office the first morning and nicely told the person behind the desk what happened with the refrigerator, and asked him to tell the cleaning lady what had happened and why there was a towel on the floor. He gave no apologies, just said that someone would be by at 10:00 to clean the room. I again tried to tell him about the refrigerator because he didn't seem to understand and I got the same answer. I came back at 3:00 in the afternoon, room had not been cleaned. I went back to the office and tried to explain it to another person who didn't seem to understand. When I came back several hours later, all they had done was pick up the towel, didn't clean the room, Next day they didn't clean the room, next day, no room cleaning. On that fourth day in the late afternoon, I saw a cleaning lady and asked when they were supposed to clean the rooms and she replied only when they were asked to. I said my room hasn't been cleaned in four days and she said someone would take care of it. All they did was put out new towels. FINALLY, fifth day, they swept the floors, put new sheets on the bed and emptied the trash which was now overflowing. I ate breakfast in the room so there was considerable trash of cartons, bottles and bags. After that they made the bed and left clean towels and swept the floor every day. It was a little too late, I decided that I should have looked for something more expensive, what did I expect for the money I paid? A little more cleaning and somebody who spoke and understood English, that's what I expected, not some run down has been motel. I saw people smoking at random so they didn't seem to have a certain area that was for smoking so I had to smell other people's smoke. I had a one bedroom, maybe the two bedrooms were nicer, don't know. Don't care because I won't go back and would recommend that nobody else go there either unless you want to deal with all the things I just described.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

DO NOT BOOK ONLINE!!!! We made reservations for 3 people, when we went to check in we were told the room we booked could only have a maximum of 2 persons (no visitors) because of "code and safety" but then magically if we paid 20 dollars more a night we could have a 3rd. I hope that 20 extra dollars goes to providing much needed updates (sorry excuse for shower heads, paint is chipping off, but they are wired with brand new security system?) I will say the room was clean and as of day one -no bugs. However I would not recommend overall.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I was in dire need for somewhere to stay at an affordable rate!I've stayed in ocean city before many times,never at the SEA COVE!!!! So it's 11:30 and we come across this place! Place is small....somewhat dirty and outdated. But it's close to the beach "like look out the window and see the horizon close!"The staff is helpful...a little timid but the guy was really polite,not much in knowledge of the area as I had to help answer questions for some other tourists. But let's be honest OCEAN CITY is full of foreign workers,just trying to make an honest buck. I hoped on line to leave a rating and saw all these reviews! The Seacove is exactly what you would expect when you pay cheap prices....its outdated it's not the cleanest it's a cheap hotel at a decent location on the island! Would I keep my kids here? Egg.... NO I would have to shell out three times as much.....but for a week being two adults away on vacation...absolutely!! If your a blue collar worker trying to have a good time in ocean city this motel isn't a bad choice...who spends that much time in there room on vacation?? There's a bar across the street, two blocks from the boardwalk it's a place to keep your belonging and lay your head!!! As far as the bug reviews THERE MIGHT BE BUGS ON SOME OF YOU MUGS BUT THERE WERE NO BUGS ON ME!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The price and location of this motel makes it somewhat ideal. The end of the tram is a 1/2 block away as is the beach. Our food was on the side sheet, so it was quiet. There are no hotels in the $80-90 range weekday in this area, and I found this king room for $129. The room was clean and very basic. For the price, the customer should get the basics which for me are soap, shampoo, lotion, cups, and a laundry bag. We got soap, period. That's not acceptable. The staff was pleasant, but clueless about the area. We couldn't even find out how late the tram was open in the evening or the price (the tram is across the street). It's close to the beach and the tram for convenience, but very no frills

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

I post on the sea cove and my review is honest and based on my experience, We have been staying here every year 2 times a year for 17 years. I have seen the negative reviews on here my feeling is you have to try it before you judge it. The Sea Cove is a affordable motel located one block from the beach it has the necessary items a bed, Tv, refridge and a microwave. Its clean and the owner and employee's are always so kind. This year I was so impressed they started remodeling. Every year we go they do some sort of improvement. But keep in mind not every person who stays in a motel respects the motel. So when they remodel they also have to fix what the last person destroyed. I cant say I have had a bad year at the Sea Cove its gotten so I look forward to seeing the owners and employee's Thank you sea cove for another wonderful year. (also pet friendly)

Room Tip: We love the balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family