52 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$439
FindHotelUS$439
Hotels.comUS$439
Orbitz.comUS$439
3,386 results
All reviews indoor pool ocean front off season bedroom condo parking garage full kitchen hot tub easy access to the beach hotel restaurant trip to ocean city balcony schooner atrium bellhop tubs arcade kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2021

For the past 20 years my family and I have been staying at the outstanding Princess Royale Resort Hotel in Ocean City Maryland. This past weekend we returned to the newly renovated version of the hotel and was blown away by the hospitality of the entire staff and the new look of the Princess itself. A big part of the renovation is the brand new 9100 Club, which features oceanfront rooms, an exxclusive lounge, food, bevereages, a fire pit and conciege service. And in just a few weeks they'll be opening a new outside bar and entertainment area overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Kuds to GM Kyle Johnson, UNCLE Frank Baranco and their entire staff for a job well done. We HIGHLY Recommend anyone heading to Ocean City who desires great service, a family-friendly atmosphere, fine dining, an indoor pool for the kids and Will's Famous Beach Service for all of your beach chair and umbrella needs....check out the all NEW Princess Royale Resort Hotel. You wIll not be dissapointed....Keith Mills

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank 660keithm
Reviewed 7 June 2021

ROACH ALERT! STAY AWAY!! We paid over a thousand dollars for the room but received no service. Bathroom and kitchen were infested with roaches running around all night. When we reported this to the staff they said they were gonna send someone to clean the room, which never happened. When we complained, they claimed they have no cleaning personnel on the weekends!! Had to beg for clean towels.... really disappointed with the service...

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 537katerynay
Reviewed 28 May 2021

TL;DR – After 20+ glorious years at Princess Royale, we’ll be staying elsewhere due to new management’s frustrating changes, described below.

It truly breaks my heart to write this negative review. My family has sworn by Princess Royale for over 20 years. I have so many fantastic memories there. We loved it so much that we’ve even discussed buying a condo. (You can also read my previous rave review from March 2013.)

But last weekend, things changed. We spent four nights for our wedding anniversary, as we do every year. The first two nights were business as usual – enjoying the pool, atrium, and other amenities. On the third night, my wife and I got a sandwich and a salad from a nearby restaurant and brought it back to eat in the atrium, as we’ve done countless times before. This is the story of what happened next…

NO OUTSIDE FOOD. While eating our dinner, we were approached by an employee who told us that we couldn’t eat anything in the atrium unless it was purchased from the hotel restaurant downstairs. I told her that she must be mistaken, but she insisted that she would be “scolded” if she let us do it, and she left. As we hurriedly finished eating, we were approached by a second employee, who likewise told us that we had to take our food back to our room. Confused and annoyed, I asked to speak to his manager, who came by soon after and again reiterated this “policy.” The manager claimed that it was a condition of their liquor license (which I later learned from their GM was not true) and that “this has always been the policy but it’s never been enforced until now” (including one night earlier, when we had uneventfully shared a pizza in the atrium). Naturally, we left upset.

10PM CURFEW. After taking a walk on the beach to cool down, we came back to the atrium around 9:30pm to play a board game. At 10pm sharp, yet another employee came to our table and said that everyone needed to leave the atrium immediately (when we were the only people there). Again I reacted with disbelief, explaining that we had often sat quietly in the atrium until well past 10pm, and I asked to speak with the head of security (Ryan), who arrived soon thereafter. Ryan sang a familiar tune, telling us that “rules are rules” and that we needed to leave. He also claimed that the 10pm curfew was “clearly posted” on every door into the atrium and he encouraged me to go see for myself – which I did, and it was not. I even showed this to Ryan, who expressed (feigned?) surprise, claiming that he had no idea where the signs had gone.

Now irate, I went to the front desk and voiced my frustration to the Assistant GM (Gerrit), and then again to the GM (Kyle) the next morning. While they were willing to listen, they weren’t exactly sympathetic. In fact, Kyle was very upfront about the fact that they’re making sweeping changes that “won’t be a good fit for everyone.” I imagine that being reprimanded and sent to bed early like a grounded child isn’t most people’s idea of a relaxing vacation, but their corporate mentality seems to be: “If you don’t like it, leave.” (Indeed, on our fourth and final night, we watched as security again cleared the atrium at 10pm sharp, and we overheard other guests who were similarly annoyed by the unforeseen and early curfew.) Perhaps my biggest frustration is that these new policies weren’t made clear *before* we dropped nearly a thousand dollars on our room – not when booking online, not at check-in, and not on any signage around the hotel or room.

OTHER CHANGES. Loyal guests will notice other changes as well. The two hot tubs and sitting area on the outdoor patio are gone, soon to be replaced by a large bar. The video games and pool tables in the atrium are no more. The lobby convenience store is now an overpriced gift shop ($60 for a sweatshirt? C’mon.), and the front desk boasts bulletin board photos of the new furniture that will soon occupy the “lounge” areas. There’s also now a $75 fee for a late checkout, which I don’t recall ever being the case.

In lieu of maintaining the laid-back and family-friendly atmosphere that has long made Princess Royale special, the new management seems to want a bougie clientele who will primarily buy their food and alcohol from the hotel (or spend a lot of time cooped up in their rooms) before going to bed early. That’s certainly not me, and if you’re reading this, I suspect it’s not you either.

I’m literally tearing up as I write this, because my single favorite vacation spot has ceased to exist as we knew it. So long, Princess Royale, and thanks for the memories.

Date of stay: May 2021
8  Thank JeffK424
Reviewed 23 May 2021

Saturday 4/17
- Cabana king suite overbooked; given a condo that we had to take two elevators and walk forever to get to
- Staff has little knowledge of what's going on
- When I called to book the room, was told there were no offers available besides AAA discount; then found out there were resort credits available, called about it, no resolution to offer them to us.
Sunday 4/18
- Had to fix stove burners in order to cook breakfast
- Called to verify adult swim times, no one knew what was going on,  and first girl my wife talked to was very rude
- No signs to the spa; staff that we asked had no idea where it was
- Bartender had no idea what she was doing and just kept saying she was new
Monday 4/19
- Wife had spa appointment; staff was rough and clumsy with massage and shorted her 10 minutes
- Only hot tub on the premises was drained
- Adult swim sign for 9am was gone
- Key cards had been cut off for our room that evening
Tuesday 4/20
- Construction of bar on patio began; noise and smell of chemicals
- Coffee bar appeared open and roasting coffee, but woman informed us they weren't. Shouldn't have had the doors open; should've had doors closed with a sign.
- Fire alarm at 2am!!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tlwhiteside
Reviewed 21 May 2021

My husband and I chose this resort because of the pictures of the large indoor pool. BIG MISTAKE!
Before getting into that, let me start by saying we had early check-in and the staff was friendly and efficient. A bell hop took our bags to the room, he was great as well. We had a queen oceanfront and the view was beautiful. That is where the positives end.
The room looked to be clean upon first walking in, however, upon closer look there was thick dust on the ledges of the dresser drawers and on the ledge of the headboard.
Throughout our entire stay there was little tiny ants parading on the bathroom vanity.
Beds, although said to be TempurPedic were hard and uncomfortable.
During our stay, they were in the process of construction of an outside cabana bar. I am sure when completed it will be a great addition, however every morning at 8 am. We were awakened by the back up alarm of the construction vehicles and the sound of hammering. A peaceful experience IT WAS NOT!!
With the ongoing construction there was not one outside seating area. It was either beach or balcony.
And now to the pool...... Our first full day there we got into our bathing suits and headed to the atrium pool. It was so humid inside with a thick smell of disinfectant that it was difficult to breath. The pool itself was so gross we turned around and left. We did not swim AT ALL!!! Not only was the water completely cloudy but on top of the water was a layer of white greasy film. Looked like residual sunscreen off of too many bodies.
My husband and I spent over $300.00 A night for this "resort" and I ended up in tears and couldn't wait to go home. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2021
5  Thank F4598UHritap
Gerrit Thesing, Other at Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Dear Russ,

Thank you for your recent visit, we are very sorry to read about your experience, and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. As you have mentioned in your review, we were in the final stretch of completing several projects, which we wanted to get done much earlier.

We hope our team was able to assist during your visit, and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day soon.

With kind regards,