EVEN Hotel Rockville
US$109
Sleep Inn Shady Grove(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$85
US$134
CambriaHotels
  • Pool
Sheraton Rockville Hotel(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$139
US$125
All reviewsyoga matexercise equipmenthealthy optionsworkout areamini gymsmall closetgreat conceptinteresting hotelmood lightingflavored waterfitness hotelsqueezed orange juicehealthy livingmultiple channelshealthy lifestylewhite boardtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

everytime we have stayed at this excellent,modern hotel..I cannot say enough good things- great service,fresh herbal water in lobby,the clean extreme maids are omg!! Can i hire them tooo!! the manager and staff are always very friendly,even taking bailey our yorshire with us this time! it's a great stay.great price for the money,with lots of cool things, yoga mats inside.my fav in is the showers,lotions.bed is the bomb!! and view from the 6th floor room in the back is a classic-rocking suite!! Hope all the staff gets rewarded,this is a master concept.Am an interior designer and own a vintage store in jersey city and this modern,fuctional hotel chain is on the upswing.love the fuctional use of inside wall closets and shelf ,adjustable,compact,foldable organization.AWESOME DESIGN WITH GREAT COMFORT,STYLE WITH AFFORDALIBILTY.I LIVED IN DC FOR MANY YEARS AND STILL TRAVEL FOR PERSONAL BIZ AND THIS PLACE IS HONESTLY MY GO TO PLACE WITH MY MAN..WOULD HIGHLY AAAAAAA REFER EVERYONE COMING TO DC FOR BIZ OR PLEASURE=METRO IS NEAR,SHOPS,AND CAFES,GREEK FOOD,ASIAN FUSION ,SAFE WAY GROCERY STORE.DRUGSTORES,CLEANERS,TRADER JOES A BLOCK AWAY!! WHAT MORE CAN YOU FLOKS ASK FOR??

Room Tip: 4th and 6th floor for views and ice machine and elevator
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I brought my wife and child here recently after a recommendation from a family member. The hotel is clean and modern. If you're traveling solo, it might be a great choice for you. If you're with your family, I'd advise against it.

My wife and I traveled here with a toddler. We booked through a third party site, and requested a crib for our child, but I've done this enough to know that I can't count on that message alone getting to the hotel. So 48 hours after booking, I called to make sure that (a) the hotel offered cribs and (b) they could add one to our reservation. We were assured that they did and they could.

We booked three months ahead of the trip, and so we called again to confirm in the weeks leading up to the reservation. I had no reason to expect what would happen when we arrived after a long day of flying and a lengthy wait for a rental car:

They didn't have a crib for us.

Now, they didn't tell us this immediately. They gave us our keys and when we asked if the crib was already there, we were told it was. And when it wasn't, I went back down and asked for one, and was told he'd have it up right away. Given the hour, I said I could take it up myself, as we wanted to lay down our toddler ASAP. The attendant went to look for one in a storage room and said he'd have to retrieve it from an empty room when he found none in storage. I said OK, and left to buy some milk for the next morning. When I returned, I was greeted with the bad news. There were no cribs left, despite having one added to our room reservation months ago.

Plenty of excuses were offered: there were a lot of people in town. They were given out first come, first served. They thought they had more. There should have been one in the room. Etc. Etc.

We were there for a 3-night stay, and told that we'd get a crib once one was available. And one was brought to our room the next day. I asked about a refund for that first night, for either the full room or for a guest's portion of the room, since they did not accommodate all of the guests we had booked for.

Instead, I was offered a free breakfast. We declined, as we had plans all weekend with friends and family, and were in no mood to spend more time in the hotel that ruined our first night of sleep. I asked to speak with a manager, and was assured I'd be put in touch with one the next day. No one ever came to our room, called our room, or called our cell phones.

Now, I know I could have spent more time at the hotel hounding the staff throughout the weekend. I would have eventually tracked down a manager. I had no interest in doing that given that we were in town to see friends and family. But I think it speaks volumes about this hotel's lack of self-awareness and customer service that they did nothing to make up for this mistake, or follow-up with me or my wife. Remember that when they appear in the comments to reply to this post. I gave them the opportunity to respond before now.

While we were trying to get my child to go to sleep that first night, I went down to ask the employee who had helped us, "What did we do wrong? Why did this happen?" And he told me, "You did nothing wrong. This was our fault."

I thought it was a frank and honest admission. I'm still a bit shocked it wasn't followed by any sort of refund. We paid full price for 3 nights but were only all able to sleep for 2. I won't be back.

Room Tip: If you need a crib, don't count on it here, even if you call ahead.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jeremy K, Director of Rooms Operations at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ohjc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am sadden to hear that your experience fell short of what we seek for each of our guests. Should you decide to visit us once more, please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure this issue does not repeat itself. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rockville area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not a bad place, but I just didn’t see the purpose. This place is not a Kimpton, not a Hotel Indigo but was desperately trying for that boutique hotel feel with their own niche of fitness and wellness. The room was nice, nothing crazy or super modern but a nice room. The restaurant was okay, not too much variety, I just went down the street to a local restaurant. The room was clean, the people were nice but I just don’t see the point unless you are a fitness nut. Again not a bad place but somewhere I wouldn’t stay if I had other options.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear mgrajeda74,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are so glad you find our rooms to be nice. We are sadden you did not have an opportunity to fully enjoy the experience we seek to provide for each guest, which is to assist them with their wellness routine while traveling. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rockville area during your next journey!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic 2 night stay here, the hotel is very clean, absolutely nice staff and enjoyed the free workout videos and equipment that comes in all rooms. The only problem is there is no microwave on site. Would highly recommend !!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear nosariemen n,

Thank you for staying at EVEN Rockville and for your five star review. I am so excited to share your kind words with our team. We look forward to welcoming you to the Rockville area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My trip was too short to do my review justice. There was so much to offer at the hotel but I got there around 9pm and left the next morning around 8! I enjoyed doing yoga and core training in my room! That was really cool and a great way to start the day. There were plenty of machines downstairs but I didn't get a chance to try them. The beds were excellent, nice and firm and great pillows. I had issues with the remote on my TV but a staff member came up and helped me out. Free laundry service for your workout wear if you are staying multiple days!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear SJGJ,

Thank you for staying at EVEN Rockville and taking the time to provide a five star review! I am so happy to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our best in class workout equipment in your room! We pride ourselves on ensuring each of our guests have a good night sleep, which is assisted by our black out shades and sleepy time tea. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rockville area.