“unlike others, did not have a good experience”
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #2 of 391 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Went for the lunch buffet. The food is good.
The service was not just poor; it was non-existent.
We were totally ignored. I had to wave my hand/arm EVERY time we needed anything, such as drinks, or more bread. They did collect the dirty plates fairly quickly.
The host was prompt, friendly, and well dressed. The waiter was clueless.
Won't go back. I can go to the Royal Taj in Columbia and get better everything.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect place for a date night. Nice and calm atmosphere. Delicious food and drinks. Attentive but not overwhelming staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located close to my job. I met yo with a colleague to have lunch here and enjoyed their weekday buffet. They have a great assortment of options at the buffet and everything tastes fresh and with great flavors. They also have dessert options. The buffet option was also a great deal ($15 or less) considering it was a great quality of food. The service was super attentive and the restaurant itself is very nice and clean. I will definitely be going back!

1  Thank jennifer g
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The best in the area! Maybe not as high-end as Rasika in downtown DC, or as elegant as Passage to India in Bethesda, but for eating Indian in the 'burbs, a great choice. Parking is easy in the big shopping center lot, and free. Interior is nicely decorated, seating comfortable, lighting even conduces to a touch of romance. Atmosphere pleasant if busy at lunchtime buffet, but dinner can allow you to linger and converse; the tables are sufficiently spaced to allow it. Food is delicious and fairly priced. I haven't had a bad dish yet there. Service is generally good. Can't comment on the drinks as I'm not a cocktail fancier.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite place to eat out, and they are always glad to see us. The food the service the ambience makes it our go to when out of town guests want some Indian flavors

1  Thank Beverly J