“Nice but simple buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The biggest problem is that my car navigation system refused to accept the name of the restaurant or address, but if you go out New Hampshire Avenue just beyond the Beltway it is in the first shopping center on the right, in the buildings on the left.
The goat was perfectly cooked. The butter chicken was delicious after I stirred the sauce because the first bite was bland. The service was good. The decoration was nicer than a family chain restaurant. The orchestra music was a bit much for me but that is a small thing. We arrived about noon on a Sunday, and the dining room was half filled. I could see your having to wait for a table in the post-Church crowd. The bill for two people was just over $30.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Indian food would be my last meal. Jewel of India serves a great lunch buffet for those who like to sample a little bit of everything, or pile on a favorite. Their butter chicken is tasty, and they use quality pieces of meat in their dishes. Their vegetable dishes are savory, though the spice levels vary from visit to visit (I like my food spicey).

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The buffet is excellent and well patronized, so seating is sometimes an issue. The portfolio of dishes varies a little but the hard core such as goat curry and tandoori chicken variants persist satisfyingly. Staffing is efficient and sympathetic, and the atmosphere is inevitably happy!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

It was raining and we needed to find someplace close, convenient and good quality for a dinner with my daughter whom I was visiting at University of Maryland. She found Jewel of India, and I went along despite the initial appearance of the strip mall. To our pleasant surprise, it was a classy place with excellent service and the food exceeded our expectations. Also the atmosphere more than made up for the outside appearance. We would return.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This nice restaurant (buffet style) is really a jewel of india. Lots of tasty dishes from the traditional Indian cook from chicken masala to curry lamb. One of the most interesting things is the dessert, somehow special and typical. Service and price are well balanced.