“Great view Easter Brunch ”

The Pier Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 39 Restaurants in Solomons
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not a large selection on the buffet. Great Ham and waffles. The rest of the food was average. Multiple people in my family did not like the scrambled eggs or omelettes. I think they use water instead of milk, as the additive. The steamed shrimp had multiple black pieces in them and not from the bowl. Not impressed but prices are average, $23.00 a person.

Service was great, people are very nice.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Go for the views and drinks but don’t expect much from the food. I ordered the surf and turf taco with kale slaw. The steak was cut with the grain so it was chewy and virtually inedible. The slaw was old and brown. It must have been at least a week old and also inedible.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Having a successful dinner here this past fall with my girlfriend, she chose The Pier, for dinner this evening thinking that her husband would also enjoy it.
WRONG! Not only did we have to ask our server twice what the specials were ( both times she did not know), our food and service were below acceptable. All three of us ordered Blackened versions of Fish Tacos, Steak Sandwich and Shrimp Salad. The Blackening Seaoning overwhelmed the flavors of each dish to the point of being unappetizing. I ate 1/4 of my sandwich and another diner left a large portion of his salad untouched. Our service person i frequently visited us to inquire how our food was or if we needed anything. When I told her that the Chef was very heavy handed on the blackening season to the point that you couldn't taste anything else, she did nothing to recompense our meal or offer alternatives. She did mention that she told the chef, because our concerns were important. We will not be back. I took home my sandwich but will throw it to the crabs. Perhaps they will enjoy it.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Over the last 40 years we have eaten in various incarnations of the Pier. The latest one opened in 2017. Food is typical seafood and American, lots of fried options, but nothing outstanding or memorable. Attractive decorations, but all the hard surfaces make it extremely noisy and less conducive for conversation. We haven't been back, and are in no hurry to return.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal at The Pier, looking out over the water and at the beautiful bridge at sunset. The food was very good. I especially enjoyed the rock fish tacos and my brother loved the tuna and the Old Bay chicken wings. Service was slow on this late December evening but we weren’t in a hurry so that didn’t matter. Looking forward to coming back when the weather warms up.