“Tremendous value”

Silvestre Chicken
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Suitland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This is absolutely THE best place to eat in Suitland, MD. Very fresh and authentic. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a place to eat in or even near Suitland. They get busy around lunch, but if you get there early or if you can hold off until after 1230, you will be good to go.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

The food is great and the staff and service is awesome. If you go during lunch rush it can be a bit crowded but they get you in and out as fast as possible. There is limited seating so if you have a disability like me just hope someone gives up their seat.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Pros - The fajitas are out of this world good. The prices are very reasonable. Food portions are large...I always have leftovers.

Cons - Parking is horrible. Restaurant is small so it's very tight. Black beans are watery (I prefer the location in Largo at The Blvd). Customer service definitely NEEDS A LOT OF WORK. Cooks do not wear gloves & they got upset when I asked them about it...stating they don't' touch the food so they don't need gloves.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

If diffucult to rate this place. The negative is the location and appearance....not to good. If you're the type of person that can't get past the way a place looks or it's surrounding don't go. However, if you're the type of person that can't get past the way a place looks or it's surrounding, send a friend to get your food!!!! Yes, the place is a dive, I drove past it for over a year and never gave it a second thought until my coworker were talking about the food. When they told me where it was I still had to look at the location on google maps to confirm this was the place they were talking about. Well, it only took one trip and an order of chicken to make me a convert. If you just want good food, roast chicken or hispanic, put Silvestre on your list. I'm not saying stay and eat there, but if you past them by without even thinking about carryout, you're missing out. Yes, you can go elsewhere, but elsewhere can't deliver taste like Silvestre.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

My husband and I flew into DC and drove over to Maryland. While waiting for a friend we decided to stop at the Package store, to by some drinks for a get together she was having later. While walking into the package store, I smelled a very enticing smell. Smelled like one of the restaurants nearby was bbq'ing. The gentleman at the package store said that it was the restaurant next door. By the time I was leaving the store, I made up my mind that we were going to see what was going on at the BBQ spot.

The place wasn't crowded but had a nice amount of people coming and going. It's not a huge establishment, so I can see why people would take their food to go but they did have ample seating for those who decided to stay. I begin looking at the menu and realize that, this is not a bbq joint. Their main thing was the rotisserie chicken which is visible at the counter through a huge glass rotisserie container. As I stood there trying to figure out what I was going to eat, since it wouldn’t be bbq, I noticed that a person would periodically come up and take an entire rotisserie chicken and dissect it into halves, fourths or whatever the order was (kind of neat). So I let the gentleman (maybe the manager) know that we were from out of town and I wanted to taste that chicken. He said that they usually don’t let people sample but he was nice enough to let us taste the rotisserie chicken (which is what we were smelling before we came over) and it was very quite but I felt like I wanted bbq and didn't want that. So I decided to try one of their steak and cheese subs.

While waiting, my husband and I took a seat near the front. The same gentleman that took our order eventually brought us our food. My husband order the same thing as I did and let me tell you... IT WAS DELICIOUS, down to the last bit! I don't know if all the subs come with this special green sauce (which in my mind I was questioning rather I wanted to eat that green sauce) but the sub was already really good without it but adding the sauce just complimented it even more. It's not a spicy sub but very favorable. The sub comes with onions, green peppers, lettuce and tomatoes and I think cheese. We also got a side order of fries which was enough for two people and a bottled drink, which all added up to be $18 with tax.

I was disappointed about the bbq at first but that sub totally changed my mind. Later on, I found that my friend who was having the get together was ordering several chickens from there for the food, so I ended up having some anyway and it was still good. This place gets a lot of business for a reason. Good customer service and awesome food. Will definitely try it again whenever I am in the area.