All reviewscommon roomgreat roomprivate deckother guestsstate parkeach morningport winerelaxing getawayfire pitevery eveningbreakfast room isb bslarge screen tvcomplimentary wineswallow fallsbreakfast was deliciousstocked with beer
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I could not even begin to express the adoration I have for this hidden gem! I stumbled across this place while searching for a weekend getaway in Deep Creek for my Boyfriend and I's Anniversary. Booking this place was the best decision I could have made! This B&B exceeded our every expectation. Upon arrival, we were very pleased with how attentive the Innkeeper, Mary, was. She took the time to give us a tour of the place, as well as recommend activities and dining options in the area. She then showed us to our room, which was exactly as pictured, and extremely cozy. I fell in love with the entire place immediately. There was also complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary which was a nice, unexpected surprise! My Boyfriend and I spent most of our time in the Common Room playing music, pool, and board games! The complimentary beer & wine was definitely much appreciated. As for breakfast... We looked forward to it every morning! It was delicious and very filling. I am sad while writing this review, because I really did NOT want to leave! We are already planning out next trip there for summer! Thank you for everything, Mary!

Room Tip: The website is very descriptive as to which rooms have what.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Very clean and nice. The Inn keeper was great, breakfast was really good. We stayed for my birthday week at the end of August (review is so late because I started university after we got back home). We read the reviews and they are so positive for a good reason, this place is amazing. The rooms are a little small but my boyfriend and I are not small people and we had no problems. We didn't spend a lot of time in the rooms anyway. We went into town and shopped a little, the B&B has a canoe on a lake that was near by that we took out, there is a ski resort a short drive that had great activities. The inn keeper was SUPER nice and so helpful. She went out of her way to make us feel at home, She had great recommendations for restaurants and other activities and points of interest. The B&B has a common room with a billiards table, games, and movies. We chatted with a few other guests and had a great time. Did I mention the fire pit with s'mores each night? It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Carmel Cove Inn from Friday evening to Sunday morning and could not have been happier! The staff were all very hospitable, the inn was immaculately clean, and everything you could ever need was at your disposal. There are countless DVDs available in the common room that you can take your room. There is also a mini fridge with complimentary drinks, popcorn, and more. The rooms were incredibly cozy and romantic! However, the best thing about our stay was the breakfast, which was to die for! We definitely recommend staying at Carmel Cove!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fallon P
Reviewed 30 October 2016

The B&B used to be a monastery. The rooms are small, but the commons room is where you'll want to be. Meet other guests and chat in there or by the nightly fire. A very quaint place. The breakfasts are good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Short break in beautiful western Maryland. Mary was a wonderful host. Nothing seemed too much trouble for her. Many add ons available at the Cove. We needed more time to take advantage of all the facilities.

Room Tip: Situated n the woods, deer seen.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple