All reviews common room great room other guests private deck bed and breakfast fire pit state park each morning port wine relaxing getaway b bs every evening large screen tv complimentary wine rooms are small swallow falls fishing equipment
Reviewed 15 February 2017

...what a wonderful place this is! When I come across a place as wonderful as the Carmel Cove Inn I hate to tell the world about it so it doesn't get too popular. But everyone should really have a chance to experience this quaint and charming Inn tucked into the woods around Deep Creek Lake. Mary, the Innkeeper is so welcoming and accommodating you can't help but feel right at home. The common area with the pool table and gas fire stove are such a great way to end the day with glass of complimentary wine, beer or a soda. Swallow Falls State Park is a short 15 minute drive away and an awesome place for a day hike or easy stroll through the beautiful woods. We had a fabulous dinner at Uno's and highly recommend it for good food and an easy drive back to the Inn. In all honesty, I could easily spend the weekend relaxing at Carmel Cove and never leave the Inn. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Carmel Cove Inn to celebrate my birthday weekend! This was our first time staying at a B&B and it was perfect! The breakfast each morning was delicious! The setting of Carmel Cove was so beautiful! It was snowy the weekend we were there and it just made for the perfect winter location!

I really don't have enough good thing to say about this place and I can't wait to return again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We snuck down from Pittsburgh for a 2-night weekend getaway and absolutely loved Carmel Cove Inn. Mary, the innkeeper, treated us to tasty, gourmet breakfast, unlimited coffee/tea/beer/wine/port throughout the day, there are movies to watch and a fun game room... Lots to do even though it was very snowy. There is so much to do in Deep Creek even in winter and Carmel Cove was a cozy B&B that exceeded our expectations. We would recommend it to family and friends and we would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Room 7 is the only one (I think) with an actual fireplace. The rest have gas fireplace stoves.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany B
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I could not even begin to express the adoration I have for this hidden gem! I stumbled across this place while searching for a weekend getaway in Deep Creek for my Boyfriend and I's Anniversary. Booking this place was the best decision I could have made! This B&B exceeded our every expectation. Upon arrival, we were very pleased with how attentive the Innkeeper, Mary, was. She took the time to give us a tour of the place, as well as recommend activities and dining options in the area. She then showed us to our room, which was exactly as pictured, and extremely cozy. I fell in love with the entire place immediately. There was also complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary which was a nice, unexpected surprise! My Boyfriend and I spent most of our time in the Common Room playing music, pool, and board games! The complimentary beer & wine was definitely much appreciated. As for breakfast... We looked forward to it every morning! It was delicious and very filling. I am sad while writing this review, because I really did NOT want to leave! We are already planning out next trip there for summer! Thank you for everything, Mary!

Room Tip: The website is very descriptive as to which rooms have what.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Very clean and nice. The Inn keeper was great, breakfast was really good. We stayed for my birthday week at the end of August (review is so late because I started university after we got back home). We read the reviews and they are so positive for a good reason, this place is amazing. The rooms are a little small but my boyfriend and I are not small people and we had no problems. We didn't spend a lot of time in the rooms anyway. We went into town and shopped a little, the B&B has a canoe on a lake that was near by that we took out, there is a ski resort a short drive that had great activities. The inn keeper was SUPER nice and so helpful. She went out of her way to make us feel at home, She had great recommendations for restaurants and other activities and points of interest. The B&B has a common room with a billiards table, games, and movies. We chatted with a few other guests and had a great time. Did I mention the fire pit with s'mores each night? It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple