“One word - Gross”

Econo Lodge Takoma Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Takoma Park
Reviewed 16 January 2012

There were prostitudes outside my hotel room knocking! When they left, I realized there were flying bugs flying everywhere! They were small, but there were so many! I would have opened the window, but there were bums fighting outside and I was SCARED! When I woke up, two used condoms fell out of the mattress. The bathroom was a whole different story I went to take a shower and there were hairs everywhere when I went to get out I grabbed a towel that was covered in brown stains and urine this was so disgusting I had to blow dry myself took I was dry. When I walked outside to grab something fro. My car there people breaking into, they ran away and went into the car I saw yet another used condom this was the worst hotels ever I left the next morning and Never going to return. Also I asked for my money back and the managèr told me to hit the road. How rude!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here and sleep on the street. A much better room!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Johnny W

Reviewed 30 December 2010

My room had to be switched 3 times, because room was very cold, and heater was not working. Staff could have been more customer friendly. Did not have microwave or refrigerator in room. I traveled 5 hrs to visit friends and to have a great time only to be disappointed by the hotel. The only great thing about this situation was that the IHOP and the Carribean Market were very close by. You guys either need to get it together, or shut down. Will not suggest your hotel to any of my friends. SORRY ~!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dct7654
Reviewed 6 September 2010

when I made my reservation with choicehotels, this hotel sounded like it was good especially for families. I was so disappointed- the reception area looks ok but the room was bad- bathtub filthy- I had to clean it myself so we can use it, we can hear peoples voices from the bathroom vent, leaky taps, uncleaned floors, l couldn't use plugs to charge our batteries for camera, the coffee machine in the room won't work where it was so I had to unplugged it and moved it to the bathroom counter so we can make some coffee. Bad pillows- too old and chunky. Breakfast was served in the lobby area- not much of a choice- some old muffin (tiny ones), a bit of cereal, old bagel and oranges served in a basket with fruit flies circling around. I informed the lady at the reception since she was also standing beside us choosing what to eat for breakfast. I showed her the oranges that are rotten and the fruit flies- she looked at them and walked away. Nothing was done to it. It was so disgusting to be offered by a hotel some kind of stale and rotten food for breakfast!!! Please do not include breakfast as complimentary because no one can eat them anyways!!!
Thank goodness we only had to stay for a night, otherwise it could had been a nightmare for us.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank havensprings
Reviewed 18 February 2009

DO NOT stay here unless you are into prostitution or smoking crack! What a dump! Pillow cases were covered with nasty oily stains, the tub had burn marks all over it, bedspread was covered with hair. Spent an anxious night worrying about the safety of our car and listening to the 'ho' downstairs turning her tricks. Spotted empty crack bags in the stairwell as we were running for our car to escape! Should have realized this place was no good when the front desk person was standing behind a bulletproof shield!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank njtravellers
Reviewed 30 October 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel because of its price. When I woke up in the morning I discovered my car had been broken into. Not only did they stole my radio and my GPS, but they also wrecked the car completely. They broke the windshield and one of the headlights. They even peed on my documents.The staff was completely indifferent to my situation. This place should not be in business.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank colombianpride

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!