“Great Fun”

Jasper's American Grill - Largo
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Visited this place for a get together or after party. Nice grown folk crowd and atmosphere. Food is good.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The menu is entirely too big to adequately execute all the offerings!. The crabcake on my dish undercooked and COLD! They were nice about it and delivered another, but it never should have been served. Portions are large, but a lot of the food is tasteless. The place is HUGH and the atomosphere is pleasant, but it can get loud if you are on the main floor by the bar. The servers are engaging while not being intrusive and are well informed about the menu.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

First time at Jasper's for brunch. They have a wide variety of items, breakfast items, sausage bacon, omelettes,grits, etc, and fried fish, chicken, waffles and others. Service was good, nice atmosphere. The only complaint I have some of the item on the buffet were a little cold. I will give it another try.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My friend had her wedding rehearsal dinner at this restaurant on July 14. At first there was a bit of a wait just for beverages. I had a migraine and asked for water, only to be told that they were trying to wait for everyone to be seated. I asked this with 90% of our party already seated. Luckily one of the members of our group walked over to the bar to get the glass of water for me. The waiter brought the beverages to our table 15 minutes after we ordered. Thankfully, I didn't try to wait it out. However, the rest of the night at Jasper's, was much better. I ordered the Great Jamaican Grill entree, which comes with a sirloin steak, crab cake, shrimp, grilled peppers and onions, and rice and beans. The steak was so tender and flavorful, it didn't need the steak sauce. The crab cake was cooked to perfection. The shrimp, grilled peppers, and onions were good as well, but nothing to rave about. The rice and beans were good and somewhat spicy. The bread that came out before our meals was really good. The butter spread served with the bread was awesome, and had a sweet taste to it. The bride and groom-to-be asked the other waiter if the music could be turned down in our section so they could pass out their gifts to the bridal party and so everyone could introduce themselves. The waiter said it would be no problem and turned the music down, which was super nice. It completely changed the vibe from a bar feel to more of a family and friends atmosphere. Overall, it was an awesome night, and I would definitely make a return visit to this restaurant if I'm in Largo, Maryland again.

1  Thank unc_alum10
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner with family on a Friday night. The noise level is very high, think of a bar or pub on Friday night. Hard to hear normal conversation, so keep that in mind if you prefer quiet places.
Food is nice. For appetizers I liked the bread, and the tiger shrimp is good. The egg rolls were a little too spicy for me, but good otherwise. The crab cakes are also pretty good.

The service was okay, we had to ask for additional stuff several times (water, extra silverware, refill, etc), then our waiter went away for an extended period of time and we got no service. Also they brought out one entree while the rest of us waited about 20-25 minutes for our food, so the timing was way off.

While it may not matter to some, there were two to three uniforned police officers posted inside near the entrance to the place. This indicates to me that things must get out of control often enough that police are needed on standby. Nothing happened while we were there, and frankly most of the patrons seemed to be in the employed and over 30 age group so I didn't expect trouble.

It's a nice place, but very loud and the service was also less than expected. So if you choose to visit set appropriate expectations.

Thank T. T