“This place is great!”

Kodori Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 144 Restaurants in Waldorf
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We were in the Waldorf area when we decided to check this place out. It is awesome, do not hesitate going there, especially if you are hungry - they bring miso soup and a green salad with ginger dressing plus a small plate of appetizers (kimchi, radish, potatoes, spinach etc) right away. I was already full after I had all that. Their bi-bim-bap was not bad either - they bring it in a cast iron bowl, and it is still sizzling. I loved all the food. Service was great as well. They also have a tv with a sports game on.
CON: rather small and sitting anywhere near the door could be unpleasant in the winter as people come and go.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The food they offer here is very tasty, but the overall experience is lacking. The menu selections are basic, and only minimal beer and wine selections are offered. The chairs are torn and the tables are bare--not even a place mat.I was carded for a glass of wine, which I was later told they didn't even have. Because identify theft is rampant, I resent being asked to hand over personal information when, as a senior citizen, I'm clearly over 21. Our food and appetizers arrived all at the same time. The server was annoyed when I asked that our dinners be kept in the kitchen until we finished our appetizers. All in all, the good food simply didn't compensate for the poor experience.

1  Thank Dee M
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Even the seaweed is fresh at this restaurant and some of the best tasting wasabi I've ever eaten. This place is small and quaint. Service is attentive and friendly. This restaurant does have a hint of Korean food. In addition to our Sushi and Sashimi combo meals, we ate spicy cucumbers and kimchi. My mouth was very happy!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Restrooms were out of order, the lady at the register was disoriented and easily confused, Spanish labor in the back, Not the Japanese Experience I wanted. The Lunch Specials are Ok, although for almost $10 you would think you would get more for your buck since the area Asian lunch special is $5 bucks and they start the average Sushi Roll here at $5 compared to other places

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Small family owned restaurant with decent food. Staff are friendly and I didn't leave hungry. I have been back a couple times when I was in the neighborhood and in the mood for quick and easy Japanese food.