“Not like the old days”

Maggie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in Westminster
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Road
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I had not been to this restaurant in YEARS. So when I met some friends there for a fun dinner, I was surprised that we were seated in the back of the restaurant in a dimly lit room with old furniture and no character whatsoever. If it wasn't for meeting up with friends, I would have chosen to eat somewhere else. The food was fine. The wine average. Luckily, the service was wonderful, so that helped make up for the other downsides. I remember Maggie's from years ago with the clean and updated decor matching the high menu prices. But not anymore. Maybe a revamping is in order.

Lisa Z, Manager at Maggie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hi Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear of your most recent experience with us here at Maggie’s. It is great to hear you still enjoyed our food and wine and time spent with friends but wish you enjoyed the whole experience like you remembered. We truly appreciate all feedback from our customers, especially ones who have visited many times, and will be sure to take it into consideration. Still, we hope you visit again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We had a very tasty lunch today. Hubby had the ham club and it was humongous, about 3" of ham, bacon , cheese and accessories!!! There were fresh sliced French fries to die for. I chose the Daily Special- homemade flatbread pizza with fresh spinach base, grilled cherry tomatoes, feta Cheese and grilled fresh shrimp. This was topped with drizzled balsamic vinegeretteYUM! Wait staff was attentive and gracious. Can't wait to be in the area again to have lunch. Also very reasonable for the area.

Lisa Z, Manager at Maggie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi Kathie, thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled you and your husband had such an amazing lunch with us and received such excellent, friendly service. It is so great to hear your husband enjoyed our ham club and you made a great decision with our flatbread- definitely a favorite when served! We cannot wait to see you again, either. Take care!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. The cream of crab ($8 for a bowl) received mixed reviews. Very good crab portion and flavor. I thought too thick and salty but wife loved it.

I tried the Maggie Melt ($15) and wife chose the California club ($13). To me the food did not live up to the high price tag. Atmosphere is quirky and cozy (see pic). Service by Leah was very good.

Bottom line for me: okay place but pricey for what you get. It would not be a place to frequent but worth a check for yourself

Lisa Z, Owner at Maggie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi Lawrence, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear your wife enjoyed our crab soup and your overall visit with us. We understand that we cannot please everyone’s taste buds but we do believe our quality and quantity of food is reflected in our price. We hope to see you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our book club met there this week for lunch and they accommodated us nicely , while having an after funeral luncheon for about 80 people. Both were scheduled with them. So they staffed accordingly. Our food was very good and our service was exemplary.

Management response:Responded 15 September 2017

We are thrilled you decided to have book club with us at Maggie's this week! It is so great to hear you received great service and enjoyed the food although there were other events going on. Thank you for the wonderful review- we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I have been dining at Maggie's since the 1970's and have never been disappointed. Maggie's is my go to place for a great Maryland crab cake. The menu is extensive. Maggie's offers a bar area, as well as a more quiet dining room with white tablecloths.

Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Wow, thank you for the wonderful review, Susan! We are thrilled to hear you have been such a loyal patron to Maggie's and that we are your go-to place for a crab cake. We are so happy you always enjoy your visits with us. We can't wait to see you again!