“VERY local”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 July 2017

If you want a place that is TOTALLY Massachusetts, this is the place for you! Lots of fried fish and various beers on tap. It is very reasonably priced, but was VERY busy when we were there. Because it was middle of the afternoon, most other restaurants were closed, so this one had LOTS of customers. A sign on the wall warns that the service is slow (large dining room, small kitchen!). It is worth the wait, plus the people-watching is unparalled!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

4 Stars? For the drinks only. We ordered chowder fish and chips baked haddock and pizza. The chowder was as lose as water no clams in it, no potatoes in it, not good. The fish and chips where dry and the French fries we're raw undercooked. The baked haddock was not edible someone sprinkled some bread crumbs on it, no taste tough and very rubbery swore off fish for a while. Dissatisfied

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The anchor isn't a fancy date night out but it's perfect for cheap drinks and good food. It's a small kitchen so service can be awhile but with how cheap the drinks are you'll be easily occupied while you wait! Seafood is very well priced!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I used to enjoy this restaurant before I was using a service animal and publicly humiliated once when I was to dine alone, so I left. Three months later, I was served burnt fish and chips.

The burnt fish event was with my 11 year old g-d child who was approached by a man in a car from her school bus stop and home to enter his car. This is only important to mention because I asked a customer bumming cigarettes to get away from my van and he didn't but did scare my g-d child for a second time in the same day.

My party included the 11 year old girl, her mother, and mother's fiance. I took them out to dinner to have a nice fish meal and a SAFE PLACE TO GO. It was a second trauma for the 11 year old, as staff observing their drunk customer bothering us, did nothing.

The waitress is the same waitress who publicly humiliated me, excluded me from dinning by constructive exclusion and served me the burnt fish and chips.

I have to educate these people, and the Superior Court Case is a cost to them of at least $100k, if I settle. But I would rather appeal for more press and expense for those who are bigoted against disabled elders and little girls.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Our family of four enjoyed a dinner here after about a 45 minute wait (no reservations taken). The fact that it was packed with locals clued us into its popularity.
Service was friendly and busy--they were hustling to get everything done. The clam chowder was rich and delicious. Husband and I really enjoyed our clam strip plates, though we wish we had just split one entree--serving sizes are VERY generous. The clams were meaty, too--some of the biggest I've ever had.
Our vegetarian daughter had a large (andcheap! $4.95!) portion of spaghetti and marinara sauce, while our son enjoyed his fried haddock.
It's not much to look at from the outside (or even inside, for that matter), but the food was fresh, tasty, and very reasonably priced.