“dinner befroe a grea cocert”
Review of Chianti Cafe

Chianti Cafe
Ranked #18 of 139 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2016

My husband found this when investigating restaurants for our visit to see Gordon Lightfoot at the Cabot Theater.We had a great lamb skewer Kabob, scallops for an appetizer. Wonderful eggplant Parmesan and delicious veal dish for dinner. Homemade delicious and crusty Italian bread with homemade humus was refreshingly different. Drink selection is good, good wine selection. Merlot raspberry sorbet topped it off beautifully. Friendly and warm service

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We had some great meals with another couple here recently. It was not crowded probably owing to it being another 90 degree day. Inside is pleasant and the meals were filling and beautifully presented. Prices are more than fair and were delivered promptly. The Jazz was enjoyable and not loud so we could converse with our friends. The owners care about what they do and it shows. Other reviews not praising this Beverly gem are way off base. They must be more used to Olive Garden!
Go, and enjoy, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I live next town from Beverly so I often visit Chianti to hear some great Jazz Musicians. The food is good and you are right up close to the musicians. All around a nice evening out.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

My wife and I have recently moved to Beverly from Belmont/Waltham. We've had some great dinging experiences out there. We did some looking online for our favorite types of food and I came across Chianti. After being excited about the menu and live music, I scheduled a reservation for 7pm on Monday the 25th of July, my birthday. Turned out that the reservation was not needed as there were only a few guests. Also, there was no live music to be had that night. I don't blame Chianti, as it was my fault for not doing my research a little better; it was mentioned on their site. As for the dishes, we were both disappointed. We ordered an appetizer, the bruschetta. It came out on one piece on something like a thick flatbread. The veggies seemed fresh, but it was a pain to cut. For the main dish, I ordered the Bolognese and my wife the Risotto. The waiter offered both pepper and parmesean, the pepper from a grinder; the cheese scooped from a bowl. Even with these additions, the table itself was missing salt and pepper shakers. That set off a little alarm in my head. The bolognese had a good amount of meat for the sauce. However, the sauce itself had little flavor. All I could really taste was tomatoes and the wine. It sorely needed salt and some other spices like thyme, oregeno, or even a bit of rosemary. The risotto was the same. Disappointing.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I've been here before and thought it was very good, but my recent experience was not so great. The food overall was disappointing. I had been so excited for yummy pasta and it was really lacking in flavor. The atmosphere also left a bit to be desired. The lounge had AC but the dining room didn't. The bar stools had seen better days. The best part of the night was our bartender who was awesome. He was friendly and helpful. I may go back sometime for a drink, but probably not dinner.

1  Thank Eve1717

Been to Chianti Cafe? Share your experiences!