“Enjoyed the pizza and salads are good!”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #26 of 144 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

On my first visit I had the Hawaiian pizza with the thin crust. Super tasty and the pizza crust was really good.

My second visit, I tried the THE ORIGINAL BBQ CHICKEN CHOPPED salad which was huge and super good. My wife enjoys the QUINOA + ARUGULA salad as she is vegetarian.

On both visits, we found the service by the wait staff very good.

Definitely becoming a favorite place.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Why do I keep going back? We love the soup! The split pea is do good but I feel cheated EVERYTIME we get a to go cup. It's considered a ladle size. But the serving size is 1/2 the cup full. They should just purchase smaller cups. I can't stand it. Also, I asked a question about an egg allergy with another new soup. It's turned out fine. The staff was good. I found out though that the split pea was dairy... All this time & it's vegetarian. I understand it's not vegan but I asked before if it was cream or milk based. I was told no. They're just inconsistent with they're knowledge of the ingredients. Be aware before you go.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

went here for the first time for late lunch one day while waiting for a repair at the apple store. here's the short of it - the restaurant smells musty, the food tastes musty. it was gross.

my son had a kid's pepperoni pizza and didn't touch any of it - not like him at all. so, i tried a bite and i don't blame him one bit for not eating it. it was musty tasting, but also the sauce was so disgusting that it was inedible. my husband and i shared a pizza, the california club. it too tasted funny and we left most of it behind also.

never again.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We were at the mall today and wanted soup to go. It was cold and rainy out. We go to CPK all the time. Love their soup. I got 5 cups in all. (The size of a cup of soup is a full ladle for measurement.) When we got home to have our snack what I saw in the cups ticked me off. I called the manager of the CPK to tell him that the cups were only 1/2 full. After all I paid full price! Right?! He deserved to get a call...it didn't seem like he believed me. He questioned the server. Of course she said she filled them. Ok. Really? I'll leave a photo. Well, he took my name & address & offered to send me a $15 credit. I spent $26. The soup that we did get, tasted old. Like metal soup bowl. Yucky today. Too bad. It's a place I love. A place our kids always ask to go!! The place we go to at the mall. Disappointed.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

For a very good non fast food meal at the South Shore Plaza try California Pizza kitchen. I have sat at the bar before and watched how the food is prepared. Everything is fresh and made to order.