“Casual outdoor lunch on the water”
Review of Olde Salt House

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 4 September 2015

My wife and I were doing some sightseeing around Cohasset and came upon the Olde Salt House. It was right on the water overlooking the marina and the magnificent Roy Estate across the way. We were seated without delay on this sunny afternoon. We ordered seafood appetizers, "Rhode Island calamari", and the fish taco. Both were very good. The fish taco came with sweet potato fries and the portions were larger than my wife could finish. Fortunately I was able to help.

A perfectly pleasant outdoor, on-the-water experience for a spontaneous lunch choice. We stayed for over an hour before meandering down the coast. We would certainly do it again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

They've adopted full Cohasset prices. I paid $28 for a "half and half" fried platter. Half belly clams, half scallops. Lots of fries, a scant set of clams which were mostly crumbs of batter from the fryer and maybe 6 scallops, though I think only 4. This was at lunch too! The dab of coleslaw was small and terrible. How do you make bad coleslaw! It's on the harbor and a nice place to sit outside and eat and I've had better experiences in the past. But I will never return - I seldom feel completely taken advantage of as a customer and I did here.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

You are paying for the setting. Go for a beer and forget the dinner. We sat outside and tried a mixed plate of fried scallops and haddock. $28. It was ok. Also had a forgettable focaccia with a spread of some type of cheese and some sautéed veggies. The cole slaw was very creamy but flavorless.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

This is my first review ever but the experience was miserable so I was compelled to write it. Beautiful location. Tourist trap mediocre to terrible overpriced food. I just had lunch here. A burger was 14. with a side of "greens" . It came with choice of cheese and I chose blue. The greens were beautiful but soggy with some sort of Italian type dressing. The blue cheese was actually blue cheese dressing which dripped all over and saturated the entire meal. It oozed into and combined with the other dressing. They put a newpaper under my food as fried food is usually served it was so soggy. I never would have ordered blue cheese if it was dressing and would have had the other dressing on the side. The medium burger was very pink. The service was slow, the wait staff was all under 18. During the meal an umbrella blew over ( it wasn't that windy) because it was improperly anchored and nearly decapitated the older woman next to us. None of the umbrellas are anchored. They then put them all down and we roasted in the sun. 25. dollar bill each for a terrible lunch, and we picked the cheapest items on the menu. Tip- Go to TKO malleys in Scituate Harbor. It is a sports bar, unpretentious, on the water, fun, and the burgers are really decent, and they cost half as much. Or the Fairview in Marshfield overlooks the ocean and has a very nice reasonable menu. I am a local. Never again.

1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

Went in for dinner, Pub type food nice outdoor eating area however Mosquitos were almost unbearable(bring bug spray). Was told Lobster Roll and Lobster BLT were the popular meals and couldn't miss as a first experience.
Service was a bit slow, actually got our appetizer before our first drink.
When the meals came I got the Lobster BLT and my girlfriend got the Lobster Roll. Both meals combined were $58! Unfortunately for us, in both sandwiches, we probably got $15 worth of lobster. A lot of mayo in each as well. Not a great choice and not even close to a $58 value venture..
I would go back for the nice venue but would do drinks and stick to the burgers which looked good as I saw others eating.
Stay away from the lobster dishes and stick to the basic pub meals.

1  Thank Bayern0810