“My kitchen away from home.”

Ponte Vecchio Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The management is very friendly. They treat you like family. We have to eat there at least once a week when we are in town. I love their pasta dishes especially with clams or the grouper bites. They also make a very tasty pizza. Their desserts are authentic and homemade. Hmmmm!!!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We have been going to Ponte Vecchio Restaurant for 3 years on our trips down from Maine to Costco. The food is excellent, to me it is truly what you would eat in Italy (having been there 3x). The problem is the service and cleanliness. The place is not that clean and the service is terrible. Now this could be because we always hit it up for lunch, although we had dinner there once. Once we were there last summer and we asked the server (who was profusely sweating) to turn the A/C on but the owner wouldn't. Didn't make for an enjoyable lunch, and I felt sorry for the server. They never have enough servers either. This could be a great restaurant, but I don't think they want to be great, they seem to just want to serve people they know, like a little corner restaurant near Ponte Vecchio in Florence. We have been here at least 6x over the last 2.5 years and never had the same server once, to me that shows poor management. I want to give this place 5 stars for food, their Spaghetti alla puttanesca is delicious, better than in Italy. They always want you to sit at the bar because it's easier for the help to serve - but I don't like sitting at the bar. You can also tell the lunch tables because they do not have tablecloths on them. I don't think the owners care really about these things because they would change them. A great food restaurant if you want to wait and wait.. Try it, maybe your luck will be better with service, but we just can't go there anymore.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I am starting to think that somepone is posting malicious reviews; or has NO idea what fine Italian food is supposed to be. The chef's creations of octopus and squid are exquisite, as is all his seafood and meat! I cannot recommend Ponte enough.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Rick V
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We hadn't been here for 20 plus years and decided it was time. We were welcomed, sat promptly and the waiter was excellent.
We had two antipasti that were very good. My wife ordered spaghetti and meatballs and my daughter the pork chop special and I had the Beef Braciole specials. My wife's meatballs were inedible, my daughters pork over cooked with a salad on top???? My braciole was extremely salty and over cooked. For dessert we shared a Tiramasu that was excellent. The wine we had was good but at $45 a bottle it was way overpriced.
It was my daughter's 50th birthday and I apologized to her for the meal. We spent close to $300 and it was a severe disappointment! I don't believe we will return.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank E2122TNpaulv
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I have been eating here for about 20 years and the food is always outstanding, service is consistently good to excellent and I grow to love Luigi more each year. I cannot recommend a favorite dish, because everything is absolutely delicious, but right now I have to recommend the grilled calamari appetizer- plenty for a meal and perfectly grilled and sooooo good!

Date of visit: August 2016