“Good things come in small packages!”
Review of Thai Ocha Cafe

Thai Ocha Cafe
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend and I stopped by this little Café for lunch the other day, and I have to say it was one of the most delicious, FRESH, and very inexpensive meals I've ever had! The owners are the staff here, which adds to the local, friendly, and home-y atmosphere. It is simple and very clean inside. We both thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience and would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to be pleasantly surprised.

j f, Owner at Thai Ocha Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your very nice review. We are pleased you enjoyed your dining experience with us!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here several times and have also used their take-out service. If you like Thai food, this place is a hidden secret in this little town. The menu has some great options, our favorite being the Tom Yum Noodle soup. Deliciously fresh with rice noodles and perfectly seasoned. We have it with shrimp but there are other choices as well, i.e. beef, etc. Soup is topped off with sprigs of fresh basil. Pad Thai is wonderful as well as other wonderful vegetable and meat dishes. Highly recommend this place. It’s small but a comfortable easy place to grab a bite. Jack, the owner, is always eager to please.

j f, Owner at Thai Ocha Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for such a nice review.My wife Wannee and I are very happy to know you are enjoying your visits with us!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Don't judge a book by it's cover! My wife and I almost didn't make it in the door when we pulled up and saw people eating with plastic utensils and eating off of paper plates. This isn't like Thai restaurants we've eaten at before. But we went in anyway. John greeted us and gave us the rundown on how to order (at the counter), gave us menus, and told us to come back and order. Again, I was hesitant. We sat down and reviewed the menu, all while watching a steady stream of customers walking in and out picking up takeout. At that point I figured it couldn't be that bad. We ordered and came back to our table and THEN I read all the great reviews here on Trip Advisor as well as on Yelp.
We were not disappointed in the least. We started with Veggie Fresh Rolls, which were excellent. My wife had Pad Thai with Tofu and she liked it so much she wouldn't taste my entree because she didn't want to ruin the party she had going on in her mouth. I had Spicy Thai Eggplant with Tofu which was the tastiest I've ever had.
Also on the bright side, I ordered Thai Iced Tea, which I never had before. It was pretty sweet and I'm not a sweets person so for me it was really sweet. I couldn't drink it and I didn't say anything but just went and got a cup of water. When John came to see how we liked our meals I asked about the Tea and he told me it is normally sweet. He offered to refund my money but I refused as it was not a big deal to me. John left and came back in a few minutes with another drink for me, a Roselle drink. I never had that before but it was an excellent, fruity tasting drink.
My wife and I are both vegan and we had no trouble being accommodated here.
Friendly service and great food make for an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Friendly spot with delectable entrees. Been here twice and will certainly return. The Pad Thai I had on my last visit was fantastic as well. Finally some exotic dishes expertly prepared right here on Main Street ( Route 28) in Dennisport.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Had a great lunch at the relatively new eatery in Dennis Port Village, Thai Ocha Cafe, with my best bud for food and fun after manning the Cape Cod Rail Trail table at the Harwich Cranberry Festival for the morning shift on a beautiful Saturday morning smack in the middle of September. My co-eater had the Mango Curry, asterisked with a red pepper, and I had the Cashew Nuts with Seafood that nominally comes with scallops, shrimp, mussels, and squid.
They were very accommodating and held the mussels and squid and piled on more shrimp and scallops on top of the sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, carrots, pineapple and scallions, all swimming in a delightful sauce. Both our plates went back to the kitchen clean. Lunch specials aren't available on weekends, we discovered.
Everything is made to order using the freshest ingredients, I was told by husband and wife owners and operators Jack and Wannee. Wannee makes the magic happen in the kitchen using authentic recipes handed down to her from her Mom while she was growing up in Thailand. Another customer said it was like eating food as a guest in a Thai person's home. Can an endorsement get any better than that?
You order at the counter and food is packed to go or is delivered to your table or booth. There is a closed-captioned TV that doesn't miss any Patriot's games. There is parking out front and the commercial center of Dennis Port is just a short stroll away.
This was my first visit but not my last, I hope. Would be nice to see you there when I get to come back.