“A GREAT burger at a GREAT Seafood Restaurant”
Review of Original Seafood

Original Seafood
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Had a great lunch on the middle Friday in December at the Original Seafood House on Main Street in Dennis Port Village. The sweet sweet potato fries were great, as they always are, one of the main reasons we come here. For the first time, I ordered a burger. Who orders burgers in a seafood place? Three out of four other diners in the place at the time were eating burgers. I am sure theirs tasted as great as did mine did. Now I am torn. On my next trip do I do burgers again or go back to my fav, shrimp with chipotle sauce? What to do, what to do? Take turns?
My lunchmate's scallops were great, too; I got to taste one; dipped it in cocktail sauce; dipped the tip of my burger into the rest of the sauce, adding a little zip to each bite of the burger.
What a great restaurant this is! Counter service people are great; chefs work fast and carefully; food is priced appropriately for its high quality; you can get an adult beverage here--don't take it outside; parking is easy; the place is festooned with memorabilia signage and the local clientele are friendly.
Hope to see you here next time I get to come by for my favorite fries.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Very informal seating but large takeout business; fried clams, onion rings, cole slaw & ice cream. This was the original location of another well known restaurant called "Kream & Kone" (thus the "Original Seafood" name).

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stopped for lunch and were treated to some fresh, delicious seafood that is so much a part of cape Cod. The Cod fish wrap and the whole belly-clam roll were perfectly prepared and very fresh. The price was very reasonable. Loved it!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Had another great meal at the Original Seafood after work on the first Monday in November 2017 in Dennis Port on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with my best bud for food and fun. Introduced my dinner mate to my family rhythm of dining here, getting the sweet potato fries first while the rest of the meal is being prepared, treating them as an hors-d'oeuvre. I bring my own mustard bottle, by the way, instead of struggling with the little packets they offer.
Tablemate had the fried fish platter with double onion rings instead of fries, for obvious reasons--we shared the rings, of course. I had a side of broiled shrimp with chipotle sauce instead of the chipotle wrap that's on the menu over the counter. Cost me a bit more, $11.25 for the shrimp and a quarter for the chipotle sauce, but I got a bit more shrimp, too, I was told. And I didn't have to deal with the high carb wrap.
My bud's haddock plate cost almost fourteen bucks; they brought a ten dollar off coupon to the table--thank you. Their self-serve soda was $1.75.
Both our meals were great and our disposable plates went into the trash bereft of all but a few fries and rings that we just couldn't get down as the quantities served were very generous. Thank you, Original Seafood.
The good news is that Manager Tim told me there would be no mini-close down for the offseason. This year they will go right from seven days to weekends only for the offseason with no extended hiatus of time off in between. Thank you, Tim.
This is my family's go-to restaurant for scallops and shrimp. Would be nice to see you here next time I am here.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We had a take out dinner following a long day on Martha's Vineyard.

Service was very fast.

Staff was very friendly.

Although we did not try it the locals recommend the One-Pound Lobster Roll.

Reasonably priced GOOD seafood.