“Delicious seafood with a beautiful view”

Marshside Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Our group of 12 people was easily accommodated in this spacious dining room. We had a choice of a private room but wouldn’t have been able to enjoy the view of the marsh from there so we opted for the main dining room. Large windows all along the marsh bring the view right to your table regardless of where you’re sitting. Our server, Becky, was great. Very professional, knowledgeable and fun. The food was wonderful. We loved the special of the night - baked scallops with tomato & bacon - perfectly prepared and served with a choice of 2 sides. Grilled salmon, fish tacos, all looked delicious too. There are lots of vegetable choices for people like me who prefer them to starch but the starch choices were popular and delicious too. A gluten free menu is available. Great wine list and specialty drink selections too. We didn’t sample the desserts which are all house made but I’m sure they’re delicious. There is plenty of parking and handicap accessibility.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Had a wonderful dinner at Marshside on the first Thursday in May. We both skipped the warm and delicious comfort food offerings and opted for salads, them with chicken and me with cubed turkey, bacon crumbs, cheese, thinly sliced egg and diced tomatoes. Both of us brought half home.
We were there early but weren't allowed a window seat, they being saved for fours. However, after waitress Amanda presented our beverages GREAT Hostess Terrie, moved us from the East facing side to a window seat on the Northside, which still faces the marsh but also the bird feeders. Our booth was much bigger than our original table for two but smaller than the one reserved for four. It would've been perfect for a couple with two kids.
GREAT waitress Amanda found us at our new table with a new waitperson and delivered the lemon and lime wedges we'd ask for. Thank you, Amanda. I felt terrible that she lost us as customers but saw that soonly she was helping another couple that had been shown to that table for two by Manager Chris.
I had asked to have my salad made with baby spinach as offered on another salad. GREAT waiter Andrew told me it was just spinach. He was right. There was nothing babyish about the spinach supporting the delish, nutrish and artistically displayed toppings. The fresh and tasty greens were at least adolescent if not fully formed. Whatever, my entire salad tasted great with the wonderful blue cheese dressing. Thank you, Andrew and the magician in the kitchen who prepared our dinners.
Our coupon didn't work this time because we'd not ordered entrees. It worked for Marshside because it got us there. And we were VERY happy to have been there. I am already looking forward to going back. It would be nice to see you there when I return.

1  Thank Robert J S
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Food was bland and carelessly made. Baked stuffed haddock had more soggy breading than fish, the latter overcooked. The portion was also very small; I left hungry because I chose not to eat it but had I done, I probably still would've been hungry. The mussels were also bland.

My husband ordered the clam chowder which was oddly overpowered by thyme and oversalted.

Nice views, nice staff but those things are worthless when the food is so bad.

smason457, General Manager at Marshside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

My apologies on the poor experience you had last night. I hope that you will please let me know the next time you are down so we can treat you to a much better dining experience. Please contact Shane Mason, I want to make sure you have an exceptional visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Was Our server Becky once a women’s prison guard? So abrupt and major attitude with the customer. This is the second time We ended up seated in her section. In the past we have had other servers who were very pleasant and made the lunch enjoyable

1  Thank mgmurphy01
smason457, General Manager at Marshside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We at the Marshside would like to apologize for your recent experience. Please reach out to me, Shane Mason, and I will personally ensure your next visit is what you have come to expect from us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had a fun Easter dinner here with my parents and grandmother. Great waitstaff and fabulous environment with a view of Sesuit Creek.