“Lovely setting”

Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Antique New England farmhouse with 1800's barn attached. Fireplaces lit during the winter months. Large rustic bar with high-top seating around bar area. Booth and table seating available in several dining rooms. Special value priced specials available Monday thru Thursday. Large parking area with easy wheelchair accessibility.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I went here with friends while we were visiting nearby Rockport and Gloucester, and we had a ball. Great wait staff, beautiful building and atmosphere, and a ghost story to boot. The food was truly wonderful. I had the mixed grill, which admittedly sounds odd to my ears but was a delight. Chicken, steak (tips, if I recall correctly) and sausage, and I had rice with a mixed vegetable medley. I'm not known for liking veggies, but my hat's off to the chef - I ate it all. The vegetables were done in very thin strips, about the width of toothpicks, and still had a slight crisp to them. Very tasty. The chocolate cake I finished with was a treat, dense layers and rich deep chocolate flavors. I was glad to get back to our hotel in Rockport and walk it off on the beach! It's a little expensive for a family to do regularly, but well worth it for us. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Quaint, early American building, nice decor, excellent food, excellent service, very reasonable prices; Waiter even brought us a small cake for our anniversary. Worth the short ride from Gloucester for the pennywise who an outstanding meal.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This was my first time here in a long time and it was so good. For an appetizer,

I got a tomato basil soup which was excellent. For dinner, I got a special that I had

never gotten before. Seafood marinera. It was a combination of seafood over fettucini

and it was so good. It was spicy and delicious. Our waitress, Michele was excellent as

well. She took our orders and delivered our food in a kind, orderly manner.

This meal was truly extraordinary and I cannot wait to return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I went out for dinner with two friends and as always, we got delicious meals! I got a lobster roll and it was superb! Lots of lobster, one romain lettuce leaf, toasted hot dog roll, very little mayonaise! The friendly waitress let me substitute a baked potatoe for the French fries! The bread pudding was light and fluffy with rich custard and butter scotch sauce! This restaurant is always a sure bet!,

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered the duck breast, my friends ordered the fish sandwich, and the mixed grill. Food was served was delicious, served in a non-rushed manner. The fish was flakey white. The duck had squash and ravioli. Mixed grill has three meats with fantastic sausage and fresh veggies. We ordered desserts they were very tasty too. The tab was lower than I expected. Waitress was very nice too.