“Good value, fresh choices and wonderful customer service”

Aoi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 205 Restaurants in Framingham
Reviewed 30 September 2015

i have been a few times in the last few weeks - each time for lunch and I have sampled a few different choices - today I had a Bento box - even the california roll was fresh and tasty - and the sushi has always been very good. Young women who wait on tables are very pleasant, it is clean and has a nice feeling about it and the prices are very reasonable - highly recommend

Reviewed 15 August 2015

This restaurant just opened this week (ending 14 August 2015). I don't know if it associated with the now-closed Japanese restaurant of the same name in Framingham. Aoi is the name used for hollyhock and wild ginger; they use a plant logo on their menu.

The menu is mostly sushi, maki, and sashimi but there are cooked appetizers and entrees. I had an order of tobiko (flying fish roe) served on cucumber slices. Tasty and crunchy. My wife had the volcano maki; the tuna wasn't as spicy as she expected but was still good.. I also had a seaweed salad (tasted the same as everyone's seaweed salad). The cooked negima was okay if a bit dry. The sauce was excellent; I wish there had been more sauce. My wife's(clam) hama shiru soup was very good; be aware that it is easily enough for two people. They also have some standard Japanese desserts. I had the ginger ice cream. My wife's fried banana was very good; haven't had this since House of Roy in the 1970s.

I expect improvement as they gain more experience; it is good enough to drop in now and taste the food.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

A bit on the expensive side, but the sushi is really nice! The place is not as "clean" as I'd like, its a bit dark and tired. Sushi has gotten better since the first time I was there, plump, tight, flavorful.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I got take-out at AOI while visiting friends in Framingham. Their selection was quite good and I had a hard time deciding what to get. They were helpful on the phone but could have mentioned the Specials that evening as I might have ordered those as well. Everything was quite good and fresh.