“A favorite with locals; good food all day”
Review of Charlie's Place

Charlie's Place
Ranked #12 of 147 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stopped in here recently for lunch. Our meal was nicely prepared and more than we could finish in one sitting. Pleasant servers and only a short walk from Good Harbor Beach.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We visit this area every year and always eat at Charlie's. Breakfast is awesome, the very best corned beef hash I ever have had. Lunch and dinner is always delicious, satisfying, and a great value for your pocket. A real gem. We suggest it to everyone we meet.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We tried this place based on reviews on T.A. I was mostly pleased with my meal. I had the seafood platter and most of it was enjoyable. I didn’t care for the haddock whatsoever. I hadn’t had it before, and it just wasn’t my favorite.

My wife wasn’t as pleased. She was looking for more variety (in both choices of seafood and ways of cooking it).

Had looked at menu before choosing place and did see that had one free refill on pop. Was ok with this until saw that the drink was in what would be considered kid’s cup at most establishments.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This place was filled with locals so we figured it would be pretty good and we were right! The yummy haddock chowder was homemade and filled with huge chunks of haddock. We enjoyed the fried scallops basket and the clam belly basket (we were stuffed). Then we discovered that the desserts are homemade on the premises so had to get two pieces of homemade blueberry pie to enjoy as a late night snack (the pie was delicious by the way). The wait staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Charley's Place on Thursday for the special Whole Belly Clam sandwich and fries. It was a plate full, and enough for 2 of us to split! (If you are younger than 65 you will probably want the whole thing! $13.99)
It was so good!! Service was fast and efficient. Food served hot and fresh. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The menu has alot of variety. Prices are moderate .