All reviews bass fire pit cookies pool table stacy house starbucks coffee quiche dvd library wedding cake the main house billiard room second floor paper plates continental breakfast hot tub bagels view is amazing
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Ok the view is amazing ....the balconies are all overlooked, the rooms have been decorated etc but the bathroom was small with a very badly stained d bath...the motel feel is a definite put off and although breakfast was fAre food it's s paper cups paper plates plastic knives forks etc .....we found this quite amusing and a shame as quiche etc was lovely ......for us the biggest shame was no bar or restaurant within 45min walk so best to take supper in .......inc the alcohol and take to the fire pit ......

Room Tip: Middle of the block
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie d
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

The Ocean House Hotel gets a A for effort but there’s really no way to overcome the motel foundation of the place. The rooms are freshly up to date but the bathrooms are teeny tiny - barely enough room for one person. The rooms are stuffed with too much furniture but it is nice having a sofa! The views are stunning but your balcony is open to those adjoining as others have mentioned. The breakfast is very basic. The amenities are definitely down market - wrapped cups and powdered creamer. It met our needs as a place to stay while in the area for a wedding but I wouldn’t seek it out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I would stay here again! Upon driving up to the hotel I was a bit disappointed thinking it was an old wore out hotel...I was wrong! It is a great place with such a friendly staff and so helpful. Breakfast was great, the room was nice and it had been recently redone. We had a 2nd floor room looking directly out to the Ocean. Leaving the door open at night was a treat to hear the Ocean....My complaint it that the bathroom is soooo small.
The location was perfect for day trips. We took the train to Boston. It cost $2 to park at the train station for a whole day. We drove to Rockport, what a great fun town..a Must See!! If you want to go Antiquing, go to Essex, another easy day adventure.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights here with my mother and sister for a girls weekend getaway. Cute hotel with clean rooms, good location and nice pool. Our room had 2 full beds & a pull out couch which was very useful. Once the bed was pulled out though, there was virtually zero room to move around. The bathroom is probably the smallest bathroom I have ever seen.

The balcony area outside of our room was a nice thought but there is zero privacy as you are directly next to your neighboring room with no division. The furniture on the balcony is impractical & very uncomfortable.

Beds are comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was plentiful. Fire pit area is very nice but fills quickly. Staff is very nice!

All in all, a nice hotel but nothing special. Did not think it was worth the almost $300 per night. I probably would not stay again as I much prefer The Beauport on the other side of town.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Two day stop on our vacation itinerary. Nice location/area, nice hotel, accommodating and attentive staff, very nice bed (firm), nice pool, nice breakfast, tea/coffee anytime. Great view of the next-door Elks club, not the ocean, all due to a misguided and unstated policy of ‘pooling’ the three suites; you are told you are getting an ocean view, but you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the ‘Elks Club view’; a sorry practice, not unknown, but almost always mentioned when you book the room., not when you ask why you are looking at people in the Elk’s 2nd floor having a party rather than the ocean (you do get one small window from which you can see some of the ocean). A solid 4 rating, but knocked down to 3 (fair/nice) due to the poor room policy. My advice: spend less $’s for an ocean-facing non-suite; there’s 2 floors of them, so get a ground-level if a flight of stairs is an issue.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple