All reviews bass fire pit cookies pool table stacy house quiche dvd library starbucks coffee wedding cake the main house billiard room paper plates second floor hot tub continental breakfast bagels view is amazing
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location ,the rooms were clean and comfortable. Gina at the front desk was so helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They have complimentary bikes. We spent the entire afternoon exploring the town by bicycle. Lots of nice places to have lunch and a beer. Breakfast in the morning was more than enough to fill our stomachs till lunch. Love love loved this place.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Our favorite hotel during our travels through New England. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, amazing view, quiet room, comfy bed. We only stayed one night due to other plans and wished we could have stayed longer! My only complaint is the pedestal sink in the bathroom, which meant my makeup bag had to go in the sink while I used it and my curling iron sat perilously on the little ledge of the sink. Otherwise, it was a great stay. It was so quiet, I was surprised to see an almost full lot when we went downstairs for breakfast ... I wouldn't have known we had others staying around us. Great location between the centers of Rockport and Gloucester.

Room tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the entire house
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My wife and I stayed a couple of days here for my birthday. We loved the view from the room and sat out on deck watching waves. Pool and hot tub were very clean and nice. Best part was sitting out at fire pit meeting new people. rooms were nice and service was great. Especially Chelsea from front desk who was very accommodating when we needed to change our room. We will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: balcony rooms are better
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Incredible view, lovely antique house, gorgeous front lawn with fire pit and pool. Breakfast table area needs remodeling. Room was very nice, teeny bathroom for one, gorgeous balcony. Nice and friendly. However, we were very disconcerted to learn that the details of our confirmed Expedia reservation were not honored because we had reserved through Expedia and not directly through hotel. WHAT? We had a confirmed reso for a King bed for our romantic getaway, but were given 2 queens. Apparently all the advertising they get from Expedia is for naught.

Room tip: Annoyingly, if you reserve through a third party site or you won't get what you want, they will give you what they want.
1  Thank Kiko G
Reviewed 6 October 2018

This motel style hotel has amazing ocean views. When we were lying in bed we could see the ocean, it felt like we were on a cruise ship. The back wall had a huge window and the patio door was beside it. The front desk staff were so incredibly nice. The main building had a nice breakfast in the morning and there are nice tables set up along the windows. All tables have an ocean view. The pool was lovely and there is a fire pit with comfy chairs around it. We had a ground floor room with a lovely patio. Our only issue was with our bathtub stopper not working. The staff immediately offered to change our room and they discounted our bill. Our room was very clean. We would highly recommend and would return. It is expensive for sure but you are paying for the view not the room. Please be aware that there is no restaurant on site and you must drive to get to one. I wish they had a bar or offered soup or some small items for lunch or dinner so you could stay and enjoy your time by the ocean.

Date of stay: September 2018