“Lunch and OMG Blueberry Hard Cider”

Passports Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 150 Restaurants in Gloucester
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Lobster (salad) roll and Pastrami Sandwich were very good. I like beer but hard ciders have not been a favorite. So when I was given a taste of Maine Blueberry Cider they had on tap I ordered it. It was so good that on my way home from Burlington Vermont I drove the distillery in Maine and bought 3 cases to take back to OKC

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We are locals and have been going to this restaurant since it opened. We recently ate here two times in 2 weeks. The food was not as good as it used to be. I had a chicken tarragon salad roll up and the chicken was dried up and old. We then went back and my friend had a shrimp quesadilla and it was terrible. The quesadilla’s are roll ups instead of a traditional quesadilla. Sad because it has always remained a great and consistent restaurant for 25+ years . Hope they correct their issues.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The best fish and chips in Gloucester- incredible! And the easy, relaxed vibe and friendly people are a pleasure. Be sure to try the Ipswich 1620 beer with your fish- amazing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Passports has excellent seafood, a variety of choices and reasonable prices. I had scallops that were "melt in your mouth" tender and my husband had an excellent tuna stir fry. We both thought the clam chowder was one of the best we've had. We are native coastal New Englanders so we are fussy about our chowda! Friendly and efficient service for such a busy place. We highly recommend Passports,if you are looking for casual, quality dining.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Passports is a great restaurant! The windows shaded against the sun so you miss seeing inside unless you look closely. We were greeted warmly and given our choice of seats on arrival. Our server Cody took good care of us and made sure all of our questions were answered. My Fish and Chips had the best tasting Haddock I have had since England, light and flaky and fresh! My wife had a chicken salad sandwich that was equally good. The restaurant was continually full during the lunch hour with a mix of locals and tourists. The atmosphere is that of an old pub, and the meals I saw coming out were all presented well and eagerly devoured by the diners. Prices are good and reasonable for the quality of food you get. Don't miss it!