“Very impressed!”
Review of Ski Butternut

Ski Butternut
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We flew into JFK from London specifically for the skiing at Butternut!

The staff were amazing, so patient, friendly and willing to go out of their way to help.

My wife and daughter were total newcomers to skiing and took advantage of the daily lessons and the great nursery slopes.

My only gripe was that the green runs were a bit too fast. My daughter progressed from the nursery to the green runs, but the latter stages of the greens was really too much. I wish there something a bit more in between the nursery and the green runs.

I enjoyed the Black and Blue runs, but they were not so far removed from the latter stages of the green runs!!

We would return, but would perhaps look for a more sedate green run first.

Facilities and location were top notch, we’ll definitely be back.

All reviews
"can't wait to go back"
"natural snow"
"groomed slopes"
in 2 reviews
"great place for beginners"

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Love skiing Butternut, hardly ever crowded, great staff, nice trails and a good location. Prices are reasonable also.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Love Butternut!! Best prices around and an amazing family environment with a wonderful atmosphere! We go every weekend from December through March! The gem of the northeast!

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I love the variety of runs there are! I’ve been coming to butternut since i was very little and i still have the same excitement every time! Most blacks are relatively easy and the terrain parks are nice. definitely recommend!

1  Thank diasmaribela
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I have been to Butternut about four times; I live out-of-town. All times have been fun because this is a small, older ski area and relatively easy to navigate. Although I don't have small children, they do cater to families and newer skiers, in my opinion.
They have some double and quad chairs and a magic carpet on the bunny run. They do offer some black runs and plenty of green and blue runs.
They have a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. It is usually crowded. They have ski racks and sometimes a ski corral with ski tune-ups offered. They have a small shop for gear.
There are a couple parking areas but no shuttle. You can drop off or pick up at the office area if you like.

1  Thank dese2