“Wonderful Meal with Wonderful Friends”

Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Harwich
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a wonderful evening out with wonderful friends at wonderful Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse, which sits in a historic converted home on a hillside overlooking Route 28 in wonderful Harwich on Cape Cod on the eve of April 2018. This was my first visit here; hopefully not my last; it was very wonderful.
I had the Polo Saltimbocca Toscano, Pan Roasted Bell & Evans Statler Chicken Breast, Pinot Grigio, Pappardelle Pasta, Fresh Sage, Braised Spinach, Fontina Cheese, Julienne Prosciutto for $29. I was warned by great waitress Judy that it'd take twenty minutes to cook my breast, but that it was worth it as the dish was delicious. The others at the table did not object to the wait as they had their drinks to drink, and bread to nosh on, with oil--or unsalted butter that Judy brought us on our request. My Saltimbocca WAS delicious with a great number of identifiable flavors. It came way too salty, just like I Iike it. It was the salt in salt-imbocca, of course. Ended up taking half the breast home but cleaned my plate otherwise. Thank you for your good counsel, Miss Judy.
We had a reservation for four at seven and were lucky to find a parking space mid the cars apparently placed helter-skelter in the parking lot. When leaving we noticed the low, long barriers used to bring a semblance of order to the arrangement of parked vehicles had little lights at each end of them to help drivers park within the designated area for each car at night. Nice touch, Mr. Buca. Maître d' Martin told us he was always able to find a spot for another car, if asked. So, ask him if you can't find one on your own. We had several conversations with Mr. Martin while waiting in his waiting area and when at our table. He helped turn a great meal into a greater experience. Thank you, Mr. Martin.
Unfortunately, we were seated in a very tight booth in the six-seat bar area near a loudmouth whose boisterousness was an unavoidable irritant until he got his food. Martin assured us that had we asked, when making our reservation, we could've been seated in the main dining room, which comes with a fireplace, obviously the front room when this was a rich family's home.
I brought half my 20-minute breast home but ate everything else on my plate. Shouldn't've eaten so much of the delicious bread Judy brought us. I used the last slice to soak up the unbelievably delicious sauce left on my plate before I surrendered it to the dishwasher.
I look very much forward to going back to Buca's before the start of the high season. I want to save those summer days for our seasonal visitors and their off-Cape dollars that help sustain our community in the off-season. Would be nice to see you here when I get to come back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Loved it! Not many restaurants open on the Cape in March but we are glad this one was. We will look forward to going again on our next trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited BUCCA,without a reservation, to find a full house. They were happy to accommodate us if we were willing to wait. After a few minutes they sat us at our table. The wait staff was friendly, charming, and attentive. The food was exceptional! We started with the salami brochettes with fire roasted peppers and a delectable balsamic reduction. We followed that with warm romaine salad. The salad was tossed with a unique gorgonzola vinaigrette. I had the seafood stew high was loaded with clams, calamari, and a variety of white fish. It was over homemade pasta with a light tomato cream sauce. My husband had the chicken saltimbocca over home made pasta. Both dishes exceeded
our expectations. We will definitely visit again and make sure we make
reservations. All in all wonderful meal!

roosterrob, General Manager at Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So happy to hear you enjoyed your evening and hope the wait was not so long. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here and it was perfect. From our table for two right in front of the fireplace to the amazing food, it left a wonderful impression that won’t be forgotten! I’d recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Cape.

roosterrob, Manager at Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So happy for you both. We look forward to your return and to many more Anniversaries here at Bucas. Thank you

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is one of my favorite restaurants for a cozy atmosphere, good service and excellent food. It is so popular in the summer season you need to make a reservation at least 2 weeks ahead for a party of 4. I love the Grilled Romaine salad, and my favorite dessert is the homemade Italian Wedding Cake.