“Have been many times”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We have been to the Cape Sea Grill many times over the years and have recommended it to others, including our French friends. Over the years, the quality, service, and ambience have been maintained. I will confess this time both dishes I ordered were a little disappointing. The appetizer tuna tartare - tossed with ginger-lemon vinaigrette with crème fraîche, grilled corn, tomato, cucumber and avocado - was out of balance because the condiments (designed to highlight the tuna) were hidden under more tuna than they could handle. Not complaining about the tuna itself (absolutely perfectly prepared) but It really needed a sparkling flavor to set it off. The taste of avocado, etc. was nearly indiscernible. My scallops came atop a smoked creamed corn "sauce," - which was bit unusual and delicious- but the accompanying warm potato salad with veg was too greasy and the disparate elements all blended so nothing stood out. My husband's salmon (special) was superb. Gluten free is a breeze here because they cook from scratch. Service was very welcoming. There have been a number of complaints about the speed of service. The only thing I did notice was the waiter returning rather quickly to take any extra plates off the table. It didn't feel rushed as much as awkward. Wine list is not that great and expensive, but probably no different from most other good restaurants on the Cape - or in the US, but I keep hoping for better. I would still go back for another try. There is clearly talent in the kitchen.

1  Thank Altonmann

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We were here with a group of 15 for an adult birthday dinner. We shared a number of appetizers and all were terrific. I would single out the duck confit and the fried calamari in particular. I had one of the best duck entrees I have ever tasted and was able to taste an amazing swordfish entrée as well. I don't know about dessert and we brought our own birthday cake. The wine list is thoughtfully put together and reasonably priced for some quite nice wines.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

A very nice meal at a popular destination. Reservation a must. I had the most delicious scallops and the strawberry shortcake desert was wonderful as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were on vacation and Cape Sea Grille was recommended by a local shop owner. The staff was great, we loved the environment and the food was beyond tasty. We'll definitely be returning on our next vacation to Cape Cod.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Tucked away on Sea Street you'll find the Cape Sea Grille. The menu is mostly seafood, but there are chicken and duck entrees as well. Honestly, it is the only "nice" restaurant in town with the exception of a French place (that isn't anything to write home about). We tried the calamari appetizer which was so lightly breaded and fresh. Cooked perfectly. We also tried the tuna tartar and that was not nearly as good as the calamari, but still enjoyable. For my main course I had the Sea Scallops and they were cooked very well. There was some roasted veggies and potatoes and all of it was over a corn puree of some kind. They had a lovely wine list and cocktail menu as well. Make a reservation during the summer to make sure you get a table!