“Fantastic dinner!”

Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Renowned Local Chef Christian Schultz has reinvented L'Alouette as a comfortable, elegant restaurant serving Global Cuisine with fresh local ingredients. L'Alouette features and extensive menu and offers a $27 3 course prix fixe menu from mid October until May.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Have not been here for 20 years or so. Under new ownership since then, but the food is just as delicious as I remember. Went on a Friday night in September. Waitress was pleasant and efficient. The French 75 martini was perfect. Warm rolls and salted/herbed butter were yummy. My husband and I shared the escargot and a green salad; both were delicious. I had the swordfish which was fantastic. My husband has a gluten allergy which was easily accomodated. He had veal saltimbocca which he loved. Ended the night with creme brulee. Perfect dinner. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I had not eaten at L'Alouette in several years as its a little out of my way to get to.We decided to just go there because we were going to attend a wedding in the area.It was under new ownership and has been for about 4 years.
The owner and chef is Christian and he did an outstanding meal.I had an appetizer of watermelon with a balsamic dressing and cheese.For my entree I had the duck done two ways and it was excellent.
The waitstaff was a little slow but once they came over and acknowledged us things went very well.
We plan on returning here over the winter and I'm going to give the Lamb Shank a try as the description sounds absolutely delicious.
L'Aloutte is pricey but worth the money and I hope it continues to be so.

1  Thank BugletMa.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The décor is nice, sort of an old World feel. That is about all. My order of scallops, risotto, and vegetables was presented nicely, and the scallops and risotto had good flavor, however they were served lukewarm. The vegetables were just about cold! I told the waiter about the vegetables, and in a huff, he said, "well do you want me to heat them as he was just about grabbing my plate away. I really did not want my whole plate taken, just a nice hot plate of vegetables would have been nice though. He never once said he was sorry. Instead, through the rest of the meal, we were pretty much ignored. When the bill came, he did not say one word to us. Not a "sorry about the meal, or even, a "hope you have a good night. Just rude.

1  Thank sophia90
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Don't let the modest exterior fool you. This is perhaps the best restaurant on the Cape. The food preparation and presentation remind me of dining in Europe. An excellent menu with wonderful specials. Quieter than most noisy Cape restaurants. Don't miss dining here.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Price fixed menu 3 courses for for $28 is an offer you can't refuse. We had Escargot, and seafood fritters to start. The duck, shrimp, and veal were memorable. $6 Tanqueray martinis were huge and I am glad I was not driving. Wine pours were like a double glass. Deserts were memorable. $226 for 4 people including 6 drinks and 2 coffees.] tax and tip. Service was excellent and all the meals were unique and well prepared. What's not to like.

1  Thank fsdukejr