“Good Lunch - A little Pricey”

Naked Oyster Bistro and Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 212 Restaurants in Hyannis
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award winning raw bar featuring oysters from the Naked Oyster sea farm in Barnstable. Bistro atmosphere by the bar with quieter dining room in back and wine room downstairs for private parties of 12 to 20. Executive chef/owner Florence Lowell, native of Bordeaux, delivers modern French taste and style utilizing fresh local products from sea and land. Carefully crafted martinis and a well-priced interesting wine list complete the "Oyster" experience. A great place to relax and enjoy food, drink, and friends or for a quiet business lunch.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stopped in for lunch. I had the 1 1/4 Lb Lobster and my girlfriend had soup and salad with shrimp added. The food was very good as was the service. I thought that the price was rather high for what we got, so I cannot give a good rank on value. On the basis of value, I cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank SteveBressi

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here last Friday. Average food and service. Raw oysters served with no mignonette or Tabasco, only rainbow sauce. Stuffed oysters were excellent. My check was $159. Paid with CC, left $30 cash as a tip. Surprise came this morning when I check my CC transaction- they charged $189. Called them right away to fix the problem, but.. I feel, I'm not first one. She told me to call CC. I opened dispute, got my money back already, but beware, check your CC statement, you may have unpleasant surprise after visiting this place.

Hyannis2008Hyannis, Owner at Naked Oyster Bistro and Raw Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Andrey,
Thank you for visiting the Naked Oyster.
I am terribly sorry that you were misinformed by your bank regarding they authorization hold practice . Your credit card should have informed you that they place an automatic hold on your card because the credit card company assumed that your are going to add a tip on it. "An Authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of verifying electronic transactions initiated with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable"
I am even more sorry that you publicly accused me of credit card fraud, I have been in business for more then 10 year and I have made sure over the years that the credit card processing is securely and properly handle, I do not approve of your credit card company policies and I request that you amend your review to make it accurate or remove it.
Florence Lowell

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We ate there two times. Their Lobster Bisk and Oysters are out of this world. The maco shark was also wonderful. We ordered two different deserts and they were both bland. Wine and drinks are fine. Would have been rated a five if the deserts were better than fair.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Lunch at the bar for a raw seafood platter and some great local brews. Staff was frendly and ready to help. Nice local main street location for a stroll and shopping.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Nice decor and impeccable service. Food does not match. Bland fish and sub par clam chowder. It's cape cod, I mean c'mon!