“Quick Lunch - Not So Quick”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Lee
Reviewed 6 September 2017

In our recent visit to Friendly's, yes we have been here many times, we were pleased to see a table available when we walked in the door. Usually there is a line waiting so it was nice to be seated and put our orders in right away.....well we thought anyway. We waited for nearly an hour before our food arrived and the waitress had to be hunted down to be asked after 40 minutes how much longer before we got our food. Other nearby tables who had came in after us were enjoying their meals by the time our food arrived and all we got was an apology for the delay. I usually would say it was an accident and blow it off but I believe she messed up and wouldn't fess up to it or own it in any way. Not sure we will return there, which is sad because NY has very few of these restaurants and we always loved getting to go here.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

. . . Ice Cream. Specifically, I am a big fan of their Fribble, a thick, rich shake that is amazing. It just makes everything seem better.

Here is a place where you can get a wonderful grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. On my last visit, I had that combo with a coffee-flavored Fribble. Perfect.

The servers are all friendly and helpful and the prices are more than fair. I loved Friendly's as a kid and I still do.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I met friends in Lee for lunch. 35 years ago we had all lived in Mass. and had many enjoyable meals in a Friendly's Restaurant. The closest ones to me, two in Kingston,NY had closed recently so I thought it would be a nostalgic visit, not so much. There were other options in Lee and most had better reviews. We did not encounter hostile waitstaff, nor were we ignored. The service was adequate, not bad, not noteworthy and not what I remember from visits to Friendly's in the past, the exact same can be said about our lunch. The thing that put this visit on the poor side of unremarkable was the smell..... As soon as we entered there was a musty, wet carpet like smell, somewhat like a room that had been closed up for a long time. It seemed to permeate all areas of the relatively small dining area and unfortunately could not be overpowered by the more pleasant kitchen smells. I don't often find myself in Lee, Mass looking for a place to eat but if I do I will bypass this Friendly's.

1  Thank JDL12424
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We visited on Saturday, July 1, 2017 at noon. Seated promptly and presented with menus. I have not been to a Friendly's in over 30 years; since moving to the Midwest years ago.

I ordered a Reuben super melt sandwich that included fries. My wife had a turkey club super melt. Food arrived in a timely manner. Served at the perfect temperature and well seasoned.

After that I had a small ice cream sundae with mint chocolate chip ice crean covered in hot fudge. Brings me back 30 years! Fantastic flavors, the best hot fudge!

Friendly's is a long held tradition.

1  Thank Steve0315
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Have to say it's been a while since we have visited here. Today was very busy around 1. Camps were calling in orders....Crazy!!! Our waitress was wonderful. Very hard working and attentive. Our food arrived promptly and was yummy!!! Great experience overall. Much better than past visits!!!