“Always fabulous”

Alta Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband & I ate here last night with another couple. This is the umpteenth time we've eaten here, but I've never reviewed it. It's just a fabulous place. Everything we've ever ordered has been delicious, and the service is stellar. I had a new cocktail called sage-y-ozawa that blew my mind. If you like mezcal, order this! Cozy, warm & friendly. Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had two excellent dinners at Alta and every dish my wife and I had was simply outstanding. The pork cheeks entree was one of the most delicious dishes I have had in quite a while. The waitresses we had knew the menu inside out and could advise us on what to avoid due to our allergies. We were able to have a nice full dinner while staying away from dairy and gluten. I highly recommend Alta.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a small place, so do consider reservations (especially in the colder months), but the food is excellent. We went with four and we were all happy. While they seem to be listed some places as French, the menu struck us as more classic American. Meals with a three drinks, a bottle of Sancerre and one dessert went for $75 a head with tip. Would recommend it if you can swing the bucks.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Alta is a terrific small, quaint restaurant with outstanding food from start to finish, warm friendly service, and a lovely atmosphere. Their signature dish, Braised Duck breast over creamy mashed potatoes and haricot vert was sublime. Molten lava cake dessert was excellent.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

With a little trepidation (as we love Chez Nous in Lee so much) we decided to try the highly rated Alta in Lenox. The atmosphere is welcoming with an elegant local crowd apparently enjoying their meals.
We were waited on quickly and pleasantly. Fresh, hot baguettes, Spanish olive oil, and sweet butter. My wife’s house white was promptly brought and excellent.
For appetizers we shared mussels in a cream and ham jus and a mushroom tart. Both were excellent.
I ordered their filet mignon au poivre which was served with a mix of sweet and regular potato fries. I ordered it medium-rare but the center was raw. The sauce was uninspired and the meal arrived lukewarm.
However, my wife ate the chef’s special; skate in a meunière sauce. It was spectacular! So, at $60 per person, a very good meal but not five stars.