“It's a motel not a hotel”

Days Inn - Lenox MA
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Two thumbs up. Don't get the negative reviews. Reasonable price given we were there the weekend before July 4th and the gouging that some places in the Berkshires do at peak times. Staff were nice. Room was clean, person I stayed with has worked as cleaner and it passed her muster. Room was comfortable only a little wear and tear. Bathroom is small because the sink is outside the tub and toilet. Agree shower is too short. WiFi was surprisingly good. TV reception needs improvement. Nice that there is a pay washer and dryer available. Breakfast is what is to be expected. Is located on the commercial end of Rts 7&20 but up on a hill which kept things quiet. Is close to many of the attractions that draw visitors and the ones that aren't are easily reached from there. Went to two big back to back shows at Tanglewood (Mellancamp & Merchant) and getting to and from the motel was surprisingly quick and easy given what a torture that can be. Decent restaurants stores etc close by. If you go to the Berkshires to do stuff and want a reasonable and clean place to stay this the place for you. If you go the Berkshires to stay in a pretentious hostelry (you know who you are) that is practically the destination in itself stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Front facing and upstairs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Days Inn when we went to Tanglewood. I made a reservation there because it was the only place I could find that didn't require a two night minimum stay. I've stayed at a number of Days Inns over the years so I knew what to expect. The good - the room was clean enough, the AC worked and the staff was pleasant. The poor - the room smelled musty and was very outdated, the bed was uncomfortable, the shower was only passable (I was taller than the shower head and I'm 5'8) and the free breakfast was inedible. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My husband stayed here while I attended a weekend workshop at Kripalu. I tried to call his room multiple times on Saturday and there was no answer. When I tried again at 9:00 pm I was worried something had happened to him. A friend/roommate was kind enough to drive me to the hotel. I knocked on the door, he answered and asked why I was there. I told him i had called at least 3 times with no answer. He said the phone had not wrung, so I picked up his room phone, and there was no dial tone. NONFUNCTIONAL telephone. Being perturbed by the front desk attendants prior rude remarks, I stated that the phone was not working and he kept saying "He's not in the room ...he's not picking up/answering...it is not our fault...". No voice mail and no offer to knock on his door or leave him a note. VERY POOR customer service.

Room Tip: Check out the room, bathroom and telephone as soon as you check in, to make sure it is working. Bri...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
WynGuestRelation, General Manager at Days Inn - Lenox MA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Piglet-

We are extremely sorry to hear that our staff did not answer properly over phone and situation got worse. Front desk person not aware that when we transfer any call to guest room phone is working or not. We apologies that front desk should be polite and handle different way. As you can see in other review staff score is our GEM!!! but failed here.
Definitely I will address your concerned to appropriate person and take necessary action.

Thanks

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This is not luxury, but you know that. It's a Days Inn. We were able to get a great rate. Making the reservation was easy. The people at the front desk were very nice. The room was exactly what you would expect: a bit run down but absolutely clean and serviceable. If you want fancy sheets and luxurious towels, don't stay here. If you want a clean place to stay, this is your hotel. The breakfast the next morning was absolutely what you would expect. Yes, I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank AnnChristine_125
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We stayed the night for a Tanglewood concert. We had trouble with a third party booking and everything was canceled by the third party. The staff went out of their way to find us a room and not charge us for a second night. The rooms are average but good for the price in that area. Thanks to Peter and Laura!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
2 km away
11.9 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 9 in Lee

Been to Days Inn - Lenox MA? Share your experiences!