“Best meal in Lenox!”

Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Lenox
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

So glad I️ made a reservation as this is a small restaurant. Was on a ‘girls trip’ and four of us shared small, medium and large plates plus two desserts. Each was delicious. The waitress was friendly and timed the various plates perfectly. Best meal we had in Berkshires.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I really hate when you have to give your credit card number out to hold a reservation. I know this restaurant is very "hot" because of the original type of food pairings they do. I thought all the food we ordered was fine. I was not impressed though and I really do not know what the fuss is about. We have a restaurant near us that aspires to the same type of cooking and they do it well so well they are moving to a bigger location soon. I had the duck and the skin was done wonderfully! My hubby had the fish dish which I think was Pollack, that was good also but this was NOT even the best meal we had in Lenox on our vacation. So if you cannot get in to this restaurant do not despair because our best meal in Lenox, MA was not here it was across the street.

1  Thank skipthelightfandango
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We found this great place during a tour of the local area whilst staying in Stockbridge on our New England road trip, during which we have experienced some very good and some not so good food. Today we were looking for something more than Stockbridge had to offer so we thought we would give it a try and boy are we thankful we did. The idea of using local produce and a constantly changing menu appealed to us. The choice was great 4 courses if you can manage that much, we can't so we shared the starter and dessert and had our own main, all three were tasty, innovative and of course enjoyable. The drinks menu was ok and you can order wine by the glass. Final comment is for the staff our waitress was great, helpful and attentive but not over the top just professional and pleasant. The owner even popped over to say 'hi'. Compared with other places we have eaten in this appeared to us to provide good value for money. This is a great friendly place with excellent food.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

HIGH prices, low average food, SMALL portions, service just ok. Wine is $12 a glass, and if you want to buy the bottle, they charge you for 5 glasses. Thus a $12 store bought bottle cost you $60 here. GREED all over. Will NEVER go near this place again. The restaurant Alta just across the street, is the place you should try. Is very good.

7  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went here on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and the restaurant was filled. The concept is unusual. They have a Prefix menu - 3 courses for $45 and 4 for $55 (you can order 2 courses but not sure of that price). The interesting part is that you can order your courses from any part of the menu -- not the normal, 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 salad or dessert. If you choose the 3 course you could choose 3 salads or 3 desserts or 2 pastas and small plate. I found this fun but hard to choose as the choices were very unusual (check out their menu online -- which changes daily). The portions are on the small side but they are certainly adequate, tasty and sometimes very rich. We chose the 3 course and got 6 different items and shared them. We loved everything and were full when we left. They are very accommodating to those with food allergies. Although they did not have a gluten free menu, we did not have any trouble adjusting the menu.You can only make a reservation one week in advance through Yelp. This is a VERY small restaurant and as a result, when you make a reservation, you leave a credit card -- you must keep your reservation or call to cancel (this is just good manners anyway). If you do not, they charge your credit card $45pp (the cost of the meal they lost by not being able to book that table). If they get a walk-in to fill your table, you are not charged. I would have given them 5 stars but they only have a beer and wine license and I like to have some interesting cocktail when I go out and the ambiance is nothing special. Service was excellent.