All reviewsmanor houserobin wongbride and groomwedding weekendbeautiful groundslawn gamesthe main houseperfect venuewonderful weddingjacob's pillowgracious hostsnew ownersentire placewarm hospitalitybreakfast is servedold mansionlarge room
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is a poor review of Hotels.com, but there are some communication issues with Seven Hills Inn also.

Hotels.com:
I used Hotels.com and will never do so again. I only wanted to change from 2 nights to 1, and spoke to several people including 2 managers, and was told it was not possible. Very confusing explanation. After a last attempt at speaking to Hotels.com, and their assurance that they could finally make the changes, they cancelled the wrong night! I also specifically asked (several times) for confirmation from Hotels.com when I could safely cancel without penalty. They told me it was by a certain time and day. However, when I finally cancelled ( I was fed up), the day and time were different from what they told me, and from what had been previously stated on the website. It was almost a full day earlier! I was extremely lucky to have cancelled when I did. I travel a lot, and have never, ever, had this difficulty in changing a reservation. I have also written many positive reviews on Trip Advisor, so I am being very honest here.

Seven Hills Inn:
I tried calling them at about 5:30 pm and did not receive a call back until the next morning. I do not know why it would take them so long to call back. Also, Hotels.com indicated that part of the problem with the reservation change was with the hotel. They could not reach them either. In addition, the Seven Hills website did not work well.
I hope Seven Hills Inn improves their communication, and hopefully stops using Hotels.com.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Super affordable. Hospitable staff. Great location. 10 minutes from Tanglewood, 15 minutes from Stockbridge. Rooms are clean and neat. Private bathrooms a plus. Inn itself, is a beautiful relic of the past. Hot breakfast was marginal, with just a little more effort could have been great (herbs, spices in potatoes, fresh condiments (hot sauce was old and tasted like old refrigeration). Negatives: Hard uncomfortable mattress, noisy, smoking grounds crew, no refrigerator in room, run down pool area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Seven Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. As always we take pride in insuring that our guest have the best stay possible. We will be making changes to our breakfast in the near future to make sure that the quality is of the best ingredients. In November of this year we will be going under a renovation of all guest rooms. The pool area will have all new furniture and fencing as to give Elegant appearance for guest to enjoy this summer.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We were surprised to learn when we arrived that long-time owner Robin Gerson Wong had sold the Inn. However, we quickly experienced the same excellent warm hospitality and lovely accommodations. Paul, the new Assistant GM and James, the new GM were always present and happily provided information on planned updates for next year. The new owners are committed to maintaining the same comfortable, friendly atmosphere as before.

We always stay in the Terrace House, close to Main House, but with easy access to the wonderful breakfast room and terrace. We thoroughly enjoyed the grounds and pool.

Already reserved dates for next year.

Room Tip: We prefer the Terrace House- easy access, but a bit more privacy and less expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Seven Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. As always we are committed to insuring that our guest have the best experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed in one of the best suites on the property for several days while attending a wedding and associated festivities. And our accommodations were better than most other rooms we saw (or heard about). We were on the second floor of the Manor House, and there wasn’t even an elevator or cart on which to bring our possessions in or out.

The people with whom we dealt were tops—especially Robin (an owner) and Bobbie (front desk). The grounds are spectacular. The main building (the “Manor House”) is very pretty.

The three buildings, however, are in dire need of serious refurbishment. Even our “fancy” suite had horrible lighting, bathrooms that reminded me of an airline bathroom with a small tub, and uncomfortable furnishings. We had a desk and chair, for instance, but it wasn’t vaguely near a plug for our computer.

The entire main floor—devoted to functions and meals, has only two or three bathrooms; this was a major inconvenience.

The “Terrace Country Motel” clearly smelled of mold/mildew—even from the outside of the building. Our daughter-in-law (one of the least picky people I know) felt as if she couldn’t get clean in her shower, especially after dark water started coming up into the shower through the drain. Another room had no water whatsoever.

Our mattress was fine, but numerous other guests said their mattresses were uncomfortable, and some of them switched rooms because of that.

The cleaning staff was less than efficient; our rug, as an example, had not been vacuumed prior to our arrival. And, even though we tipped in the middle of our stay, that rug never got vacuumed.

Breakfast is included, but the menu is fixed—and less tasty than one finds at a motel chain: hard scrambled eggs, sausage, and fried potatoes—accompanied by fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, and muffins.

The wedding itself we attended was gorgeous, and the food was excellent; however, that had all been brought in by an outside caterer.

I was told that the hotel had just been sold. My guess in the new owners are looking at several million dollars in terms of refurbishment to bring the Seven Hills Inn up to semi-luxury standards.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
James P, General Manager at Seven Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Ken, we would like to thank you for your review. Starting this fall we plan on doing a full upgrade to all buildings, this includes guest rooms and common areas. We are committed to insuring that our guest get the best in Hospitality and will be addressing all the concerns that you have mention.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We came with our dog for memorial weekend and had such a nice time. The dog friendly rooms are at the terrace house, which leads straight to the beautiful manicured lawns (pictured). We sat at chairs either by our room door or at the lawn and watched our dog run happy in the grass. The room is clean and well maintained with a very comfortable king bed. I also thought the price was very reasonable for the area.
We had a wonderful time and will come back to Seven Hills Inn.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple