All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting orchard suite apple picking few minutes walk large pool breakfast was delicious the cottages cross country skiing working fireplace restaurants and shops common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace downtown lenox
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Just got back from the Garden Gables Inn. We were three couples and stayed in the cottages. It was an amazing place. Rosie, the innkeeper, was great. Told us to treat the inn as our own house. The breakfast was amazing and Pat was wonderful and remembered who had the orange juice, and what kind of coffee we wanted for the four days we were there. Definitely the place to stay in Lenox.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
wendy v, Owner at Garden Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Lois - thank you so much for your wonderful comments - we are delighted to hear that you and your friends had such a good time during your stay in Lenox. It means a lot to us to know that our team efforts contributed so positively to your experience. We hope to see you again on a return visit - thank you from all of us at the Garden Gables Inn!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

What an amazing place! We had an all girls getaway here and we were beyond happy with our choice. Impeccably clean (and I am picky as I run an inn myself), beautifully situated close to town...and the best Innkeeper...Rosie. Rosie was there for all of us without a hitch ...she made our stay so special. We will return as we plan on making this our annual girls trip. Thanks Rosie!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
wendy v, Owner at Garden Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hello - thank you very much for your kind comments on your stay - and for selecting the Garden Gables Inn for your girls getaway. We are so happy that you and your friends had a great time - and that Rosie and our staff contributed in such a positive way to your experience. We look forward to seeing you again next year - thank you, from all of us at the Garden Gables Inn!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

A lovely, well appointed inn. Once you arrive the innkeepers were responsive, helpful and welcoming. We stayed in room 15 which was elegant, had a private balcony, king bed and full bath. Heat, air, a fireplace, robes and always a responsive presence. Breakfast was delicious and would return again without hesitation. That said my only criticism is that before arriving I called 3 times-left a message and never received a response. So being there is wonderful, communication beforehand poor.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan - thank you so much for selecting the Garden Gables Inn for your stay in Lenox, and for sharing your comments with us. We sincerely apologize for the difficulty you had reaching us by phone before arriving - our staff does its best to respond to calls as quickly as possible, but clearly we missed the mark this time. I'm glad that your experience during your stay was so much better, and that everything else about your visit was a wonderful experience. We appreciate you pointing out where we didn't meet expectations - we will take your feedback to heart. Thank you again, from all of us at the Garden Gables Inn!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night and booked the room due to the awesome reviews and the option for a jacuzzi tub. From the moment Rosie (the head innkeeper) greeted us we felt like we were right at home. The inn was perfect and idyllic....every detail was thought of. From the always available treats - coffee, tea, fresh chocolate chip cookies and fresh fruit to the intricate details of the inn and grounds, we loved every moment we were there. I only wished we had checked in earlier in the day! I highly recommend Room 3 - the jacuzzi room. The views were beautiful, the bed was super comfortable and the room was cozy as could be. This inn managed to combine all of the amenities you could ever want with the quaint and coziness of a real B&B. The breakfast the next morning was an unexpected delight! It was made to order, and we ordered multiple entrees and sides, which wasn't an issue! There was also a full continental breakfast with amazing cheese biscuits and other delicious delights. We loved wandering the grounds, and the property was close enough that we walked into Lenox for dinner. We had an absolutely lovely time, and one of my favorite parts of our visit was the innkeeper Rosie. She was a peach, made us laugh and completely made us feel at home. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
wendy v, Owner at Garden Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your very kind comments - and for selecting the Garden Gables Inn for your stay in Lenox. We are so happy to hear that you immediately felt right at home - because this is just the experience we want to provide for you! Our staff delights in helping our guests have a great time - and greatly appreciate hearing about how their efforts made your stay even better. We hope to see your again soon! Thanks again from all of us at the Garden Gables Inn!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My best friend and I decided to meet in Lenox for a quick weekend getaway. I cannot say enough good things about this Inn and the incredible staff who manage it - Rosie and Jackie are gems.
The Inn is like something out of a fairy tale, and a couple of times when sitting on the grounds, I felt like I was sitting in the dreamiest meadow.
The Inn does EVERYTHING To make this a memorable and wonderful experience for their guests. They own a wine vineyard a short drive away from the Inn, and if you're staying at the Inn, the tasting is free. In addition to sampling delicious wine, we received a 20% discount when we purchased our bottles, and were given free (and probably the best tasting) cider donuts. Not to mention everyone who works at the vineyard is a delight - shout out to Nancy!
We enjoyed delicious homemade cookies when we returned to the Inn, an old family recipe I am told, and sherry in their Sherry Room. So quaint!
We stayed in Room #1, which was prepared so thoughtfully. The bed was one of the most comfortable that we slept in -- period. And although we were here during the summer, we did not hesitate to use the beautiful fireplace, which had everything set up for us to use.
As you would expect in a bed and breakfast - breakfast was perfect. The selection included everything we could want, and we sat in the sunroom, overlooking the grounds as we ate.

I visit the Berkshires a couple of times a year, and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else. While the grounds, the Inn, and its amenities were all fantastic, what made everything so memorable were the staff - they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome and I'll never forget it.

Stayed: June 2018

Hello from us at the Garden Gables Inn! Thanks so much for choosing our property for your stay in Lenox - and for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you found so many aspects of your experience at the Inn and Winery were - as you say - "memorable and wonderful." Our staff greatly appreciates hearing about how their efforts contributes to your wonderful experience - and, we hope to see you again on one of your future Berkshire visits. Thank you again from all of us at the Garden Gables Inn.