“Refreshing...”
Review of Aloft Lexington

Aloft Lexington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I loved this hotel. I felt like the energy in this place was so positive and youthful- just like the staff. I found the decor to be modern, funky without trying too hard. I can't say the elements were expensive, but the designer knew how to spend little to make it look like a lot. I loved the layout of the rooms which made it feel larger than it really was. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. I enjoyed the shower and the soaps smell so good. The complimentary water was a super plus. At the time we arrived there was a private party in the lounge/game area, but I wasn't upset. I felt the room created its own buzz that made it seem fun to hang out in. Plus we had a nice view of trees. The staff were all very nice and helpful. For the price, I felt we got more than we expected. They have an indoor pool and gym, which is great for a hotel in the Northeast. The only thing I would complain about is....ack! I can't think of anything. I would definitely stay here again.
P.S. there is an awesome device that allows you to connect your laptop or mp3 player to the TV...just bring the right cords (aux for mp3).

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Elgador
There are newer reviews for Aloft Lexington

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Very nice modern design. Close to Boston. Clean. However, the air/heating unit is super noisy and is working very often so you wake up frequently. The doors are very heavy and people bang them all night so you wake up from that too.
Weird thing: two bags with pillows on top stayed in the middle of the corridor for over 36 hours and were still there when we checked out. Who knows what was that but the staff should have noticed and fixed that, take them away, etc. Security hazard. The corridor also is not vacuumed often so some garbage stayed on the floor for a couple of days.
I don't think I'll stay there again because of the noise.
Breakfast not included. A teabag is 3$!
The location is great but very poor signage so super easy to miss.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxjul
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Bed is firm. Bedding and towels are clean and fresh. The workout room here is one of the largest and most well-equipped I have ever seen at a hotel. Wifi is fast and free. The lounge area is a bit discordant, but there is something pleasant at this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I am an incipient fan of the ALoft brand, so there were no huge surprises. The only glitch was trying to find the entrance...I had directions but missed the small sign the first time. The Hotel is superbly located for exploring Lexington, Concord and Walden Pond, which is exactly what I wanted to do. Got an excellent weekend rate online, so superb value for money. Very friendly reception, which is an anomaly in Mass. Free internet, comortable room which might disconcert senior citizens who are used to a more traditional design. I had some great snacks and a couple of Sam Adams in the congenial lobby bar.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank UKbanker33
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at the Aloft in Lexington on a whim. I found it to be a real pleasure in terms of clean, quiet, and cheap. Booked on Kayak for $75 while sitting in their lobby. Offered free internet service and wifi so it couldn't have been easier.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
0.1 km away
10.8 km away
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Concord
5.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham

Been to Aloft Lexington? Share your experiences!