“"ONE WORD"”

White Hut Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Longmeadow
Cuisines: American, Grill
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Visited the White Hut at the Big E back in September 2017. I will jump right to the chase and tell you what i think, "GROSS". Maybe was it because it was the busiest day ever at the BIG E? but that should not make a difference. Can 6 people be wrong? and 2 from Longmeadow you had recommended going there for a burger. What a convoluted operation they had there. Order in 1 line, and pay in another and the cashier did not even know what you ordered. You had to dictate back to her what your order was and not even given a ticket for your order. You could walk up and take someone else's order just as easy as that. The burgers did not even taste like a burger. The meat was a pale looking color. And they piled two burgers on top of each other so the cheese stuck to the napkins. The burgers were the size of White Castle burgers and for the price! thinking back to my younger day, White Castle is better. Have to say the fries were good, hence the 1 star, otherwise i would have not even given 1. We will never go back and it was embarrassing for the 2 locals who had recommended going there.

2  Thank GVitag

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Recently visited this restaurant and appeared to have been overcharged $10 on my debit card. On my next visit I brought in the slip in question and asked if someone could look into it. Manager approached me with their copy and pointed out that the error was in fact mine, and told me that they are too busy to review the whole slip and only look at the bottom line. (That particular night they were not busy- we were the only ones there.) Subtotal was $56.98 and I clearly listed a $12 tip but made an error with the total at $78.98. So the waitress either took a $22 tip or the restaurant pocketed the extra $10. I get it - it was my error - but the manager’s attitude was simply, ‘oh well you made the mistake- not us!’ It would have been nice if she at least offered to fix it or even give me a discount off on this return meal. I didn’t like the attitude- I won’t return.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Awesome thin burgers, yummy onions, great dogs, great fries. This place is just perfect. Just know what you want if you're there for lunch - there is no time for hmmmmming and hawwwwwwwing. I have been going to White Hut since the like 1980 with my dad and now I bring my kids there as well.

1  Thank coach-jef
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great service -- great salad. Of course, there's the famous burgers; but the salmon is wonderful, too.

1  Thank thewillowbunch
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Now known as The Kitchen, we had an awesome breakfast! Great coffee, true rye bread, tasty waffles and Berta's omelet was delicious! Local family owned. We will keep coming back.

1  Thank Lauriegjay