“Chowder!”
Review of Legal C Bar

Legal C Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal C Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Lynnfield
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: From Legal Sea Foods, Legal C Bar emerges, a focused yet full-flavored social urban venue, casual in style. Classic 'C' fare like clams, cod, crab and calamari as well as custom cocktails provides a contemporary, comfortable experience. Legal C Bar's menu complements the bar forward concept and features many items suitable for sharing while also offering options for more traditional coursed dining. Tried-and-true Legal favorites along with exclusive offerings, including sushi and pizza, comprise the menu mix. Oyster lovers will find at least 8 different varieties daily.Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant with the new MarketStreet lifestyle center will get you hooked.
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Exceptional management. good food, like the clam chowder, the Trout is great, but the fish sandwich needs to be flattened out on the bread. Couldn't open my moth to eat it. But all in all, good experience. I say exceptional management because the manager is a gentleman who greets his guests and goes out of his way to make sure your taken care of. Will return.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Took my staff to lunch today, usually find Legal restaurants pretty even. Not over the top great, but predictably above average if a tad pricey. I started with a good sized mug of clam chowder, alas not a clam to be found and maybe 1-2 potato cubes. This is not a bisque, so I expected more substance. Flavor good but at $6.95 a bit over priced. I then had the crab cake lunch (with small salad and fries). The crab cake was falling apart when served, basically a pile of poorly seasoned lump crab with none of the sweetness one would expect. Salad greens dressed nicely, fries soggy. Again, a disappointment given it was $17.95 for the "signature" dish.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Enjoyed a nice meal after a long drive to the Boston area. I did find some of the pricing odd mainly the clams compared to the seafood platter. Taste was great and the seafood was fresh.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

I didn't think I was hungry, but had already made a rendezvous to meet with my cousin. She was late. I said I would at least order a drink. Just reading about the ability to snack on just cucumbers, I decided on a cucumber cooler vodka drink. It was refreshing, but cost $11. Oh well. I won't do it again! Then cousin came and out came thankfully one white floured roll each with real butter. I had difficulty figuring out what I wanted, there was definitely more than fish. Still I ordered the Portuguese fish stew which was marvelous. It cost $18 and it seemed it was topped with an already prepared spinach salad, as if it was the bottom of the stew and needed hefting up. But there were plenty of muscles and the saffron flavor, real or not, came through. It was was good. I had a merlot to go with it which cost 10.50 a 6 oz. glass. Then I couldn't resist the only dessert I saw on the menu, pecan pie. I knew I shouldn't, filled as it is with high fructose corn syrup, but my mother used to make it all the time and I had to make a comparison. It was by far better than my mothers, less syrup, more pecans, thinner, more solid pie crust. I'm hungry for it just writing about it. That cost 8.50. It comes with whipped cream which you can only hope it's real.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Our 3rd time here really good food, excellent service
A little noisey if you want a quiet dinner
Great seafood. Lively bar scene