“Delicious Pizza, accommodating and friendly staff”
Review of Cibo Matto Cafe

Cibo Matto Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo Matto Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Mansfield
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Inspired Italian cuisine
Reviewed 19 May 2016

My husband, mother-in-law and I dined here. The waitress had good timing with taking our orders and returning to see all our needs were met. We ordered 2 pizzas both with half goat cheese, since I can't have dairy. One pizza came out with all regular cheese and no goat cheese. Waitress offered to eat other pizza while they make an entirely new pizza for us, and we got to keep the one they accidentally put dairy cheese and no goat cheese on. She was quick with refills and let us relax there after dinner to finish our drinks.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Often times when traveling and hungry you have to wing it and put the phone/reviews/GPS down and just walk in.
I pulled into a parking lot to make a work call and it just happened to be the parking lot of Cibo Matto.
Their lunch was fabulous, service was flawless and the place was packed with locals on a Tuesday afternoon.
If you get the chance, swing by and try out their Cuban sandwich.
I hope I'm back in Mansfield soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Sometimes I end up eating at chain restaurants or skipping dinner because I'm unsure if I'll feel comfortable eating in my restaurant of choice alone. I'd heard and read great things about Cibo Matto. It was crowded when I approached the hostess stand and asked shyly if they had room for one. Initially I was invited to wait at the bar because the wait would be twenty minutes or more. However, before I could order a drink the hostess invited me to a table. Oh My Word! What a lovely meal! Sadly used to commercial, tasteless spring mixes, the salad was lovely. The clams in red sauce that followed erased the sound of the woman at the next table--"...if you ever see me eating alone... ." The pasta was extraordinary (I've made my own--my favorite--two thin sheets with herbs and edible flowers pressed between), the clams and sauce perfect. I sopped up the last bit of sauce, too full to order dessert. I wish I'd taken it to go...and will next time.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Excellent upscale restaurant, great food, great drinks great service, what else do you need to know? Order anything on special, that usually means it's something like fresh out of the ocean fish that day! Wagyu beef sliders I had once were unreal. Roasted chicken, again, unreal. Very creative chef always striving to use locally sourced and sustainable foods, it may cost a little more but aren't you worth it?

Reviewed 25 April 2016

My wife & I were in the area for a weekend getaway that, among other things, included me running a half marathon. Thus, I was looking for a place to chow down on some carbs. We selected Cibo Matto primarily because of its close proximity to the hotel. We were very glad we did! I ordered the gnocchi; my wife a pizza; and we split an appetizer. All were excellent! Most notable was the freshness of the ingredients used in all three dishes! Our server was friendly, and appropriately attentive. A very positive experience, and one that we will repeat on our next trip to the area!